I did it-bought a supersplit

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ford's Lawncare

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
I finally bought a supersplit, of course me being an idiot, I forgot the bank was going to be closed on veterans day, so I still have to pick it up. I will let you know what I think of it in a few weeks once I get some wood split. Maybe try to get some pictures up too.

Congrats Ford's Lawncare! They sure are nice! Hope you get many years of reliable service from it.

whats a super split? engine driven? like to see one

You can see one in action here (broadband suggested). The company's site, and other videos can be found here.

isee that they are kinda pricy, but looks worth it from the spped standpoint, but will they hold up after years of splitting? I do like how fast they are

It's a gas powered splitter, but instead of hydraulics it uses two flywheels to generate the energy. I paid $1500 for mine, used from a local swap buy sell guide. From my research I think it is about a $2200 machiene new. Like I said, I hope to pick it up on Saturday, so I'll let you know more about it once I get it.

You got a steal if it's the mid size or the bigger one. If it's the smallest one you still got a good deal. They are hard to find used. The problem with a super split is you have to cut that much more wood to feed it. They are great just take you time and learn the tricks.

Scott

I was just wondering how the SuperSplit would work on some snarly twisted red oak or even some stringy elm? The video shows the splitter going right through the logs pretty fast, but I didn't see any knots in the logs.

Just curious.

Gary

Snarly red oak is not a problem with the superslit. Stringy stuff can slow down production but when you consider you are running sub 3 second cycles vs. 10+ for most hydraulic splitter you end up ahead. Great buy on the splitter! I paid $1500 new for mine but that was over 10 years ago.

It seemed to really slow down and nearly bog in the first video when he threw those big chunks on it. I really don't like having to lift those big chunks up onto it. I'd like to see some kind of lifter for it.

Craig

Your going to get some pieces that are hard for it to split. I have had pieces that I have hit 10 plus times with the ram. It will split the knotty stuff but that is not what it's intended for. I keep my hydraulic just for quartering the big stuff to put through the supersplitter.

Scott

I finally bought a supersplit, of course me being an idiot, I forgot the bank was going to be closed on veterans day, so I still have to pick it up. I will let you know what I think of it in a few weeks once I get some wood split. Maybe try to get some pictures up too.
would you please take some pic's of it with the hood off the flywheels...thanks

Back