I don't even konw wat to say!!!!!!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
patent law does have expiration

we just got done with this same problem at the company i work for we held the patent on a certain fin design for an agitation unit for washing machines that expired here in the states (25 year shelf life on any patentable design innovation) however we still got to sue their asses off because they where exporting the machines in question to canada as well and we got the canadian patent 5 years after the us one we eventually settled out of court for 102.8 million (all profits derived from the infringing unit shipments) so see the good guys won one and lost the other our patent has since expired here in the us and in canada. So that is the end of our makeing a quick buck off the backs of another company for not haveing a good research department. Wow I ramble quite a bit but point is that I noticed most of the models are like 4-5 generations old so any patentable work is probably expired as ours did but some might still have a small piece that is pateneted thus allowing stihl to take any profits obtained but it is my understanding that most chinese manufacturers make a slim profit margin to try to attract more business for the red army.:bang:

Latest posts

Back