I finally got one and saved almost $300

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pole-line Paul

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
:)
After much research, visiting dealers and getting good advice on this site, I went out and purchased a new saw. It took me a while to find a 346 XP non e-tech. A local dealer here in Ontario had one but wanted $789 for it. I could have bought an e-tech model for $679 + tax but didn't want it. I found what I was looking for in Vermont for $499 with an 18 inch bar. With the high canadian dollar, it was a no-brainer and made for a nice little road-trip with the wife. Saved about $300 bucks and just ordered a pair of Labonville full-wrap chaps and other goodies from Bailey's with the money I saved.

This was the first time I used a pro saw and man was I impressed. This thing is a pure joy to use for cutting firewood. I can't wait 'til she's broken in. I'm extremely pleased with my purchase.

Thanks for all the input guys.

Here are a few pics. Hope this works.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

View attachment 140536

View attachment 140537

View attachment 140538

View attachment 140539

View attachment 140540

Husky 346 XPNE
Stihl 027

:clap:

And yes I realize that there is a flange nut missing on the bar. I put in back on after taking the pics.

Husky 346 XPNE
Stihl 027

:greenchainsaw:

nice purchase. it always helps we you can take wife along for a nice little road trip. makes you happy to get saw and her happy to get away for awhile.

Congrats on the new saw. I'm in New Brunswick, Canada and the local Husky dealer wants $800 for a 346xp. Is it just me or is that a ridiculously high price?

Congrats on the new saw. I'm in New Brunswick, Canada and the local Husky dealer wants $800 for a 346xp. Is it just me or is that a ridiculously high price?

Best price I was quoted out here was $739 - and that was "off the street" with no ####ering. There's room to move on that...

$799 in prince edward island.........and I think I want one, uh oh.

Nice saw:clap:I don't see why an AS member in Canada can't have another AS member in the US buy one and ship it up.Shipping isn't that much,I have shipped saws to Canada before.On the chainsaw site down under there is a member who lives in the US that ships saws there for alot less then it would cost them there.Oh yeah,you need to get that saw ported right away:cheers:

The price difference between Huskys and Stihls in Canada is ridiculous. It's total bull%$%t. That's why I went to the US.

I want one too. I think that is gonna be the next saw I get, then maybe a Dolmar 7900 :D

Lots of talk about the Dolmars....don't know where I would find a dealer, New Brunswick ,maybe, don't think there is any on the island.

Does anyone know if the home dee-pot rents makitas in canada ?

Lots of talk about the Dolmars....don't know where I would find a dealer, New Brunswick ,maybe, don't think there is any on the island.

Does anyone know if the home dee-pot rents makitas in canada ?

I checked the Dolmar site for dealers in PEI but didn't see anything. I did find one in Sussex, NB though.

Back