I fixed a saw than unfixed it .

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aokpops

Addicted to ArboristSite
AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
Friday had the day off from work I have a 015 Sthil I put a new crank seal on the clutch side ran and very idle very good. I was putting it away thinking the flywheel side is about to go to. I put that seal in to. I must have damage that side. I was back were I started. I could not adjust idle again. A life lesson. When you fix it leave it go. Never over think stuff .

Never over think stuff… hmmm never done that before!! :innocent:

That clutch side seal can easily prolapse, which isn’t your issue here (yet) but if it has, it would be long until that leaks again.

When installing the clutch side seal, you need something to soften that step. Google the coke can method for seal install, not one I necessarily like, but seems to be popular here.

Edit: Save you searching

https://www.arboristsite.com/threads/pto-seal-installation-plastic-coke-can.319903/

I worked on it tonight. I never did a pressure vacuum test before my first leaks was sealing the muffler and carburetor. I got that fixed I seen a leak on my home-made spark plug found a o ring. Got that fixed I was getting better but was still leaking some ware I would have bet money the flywheel side was leaking. Nope no leak on the flywheel side I kind of burger it up putting it in and it ran great before I put the flywheel side in. Was glad I did a test some how the clutch side was leaking again. Order new seals just going to put in the clutch side check it and be done. I thank the people from the land down under and north of me.

Back