I found me a chip truck, How can I enclose it..?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hoosier

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I am not in the tree bizz, but I ended up with a big ole chipper for the farm, and needed a way to catch the blast of chips. I think I may end up in the heavy landscape bizz, Pole saw work, chip up storm damage remove shrubs etc...

I want to put some sides on it, then get a mesh top. I need to make some hoops to hold up a mesh tarp, but I want to see what other guys have done. Is there any pre-made product to fit a 10 foot bed that mounts to the top boards? Hinged maybe?

Also, does anyone know of a place that sells performance bits for the 4 banger Isuzu? I want to crank it up a bit..

Not bad for a 14K GVWR, it has a like new dump bed that was put in 3 years ago (the truck is a 93)

w4.jpg

You have a nice dependable 135hp (if memory serves) easy on fuel engine in there. IMO, forget the mods, just service it and drive it.
yup, sides and mesh tarp is what the state uses here. Mines a dedicated chip truck, so nothing from me other than what I've seen works.
-Ralph

Nice truck. This place makes custom tarps that would work, just build a heavy duty front board for the chips to hit first. Kind of like a leaf collection tarp system that you might see landscapers use.
http://www.tarpman.com/index.html

Back