I Got Da' Boot(s)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm on my second pair of Matterhorn chainsaw boots. I like them. The tongue is a bit "thick" but you'll get used to it. They are warm enough in winter for me in Kentucky and not too hot in summer in Florida. Good boots and comfortable to me PLUS they are waterproof. I can't stand wet feet.

Scott

hey, i've got pics of me skiing at Oak Hill Church on Hwy 203 down at Scuffletown. it was the Christmas of '89 and i was going skiing after doing the Christmas thing with the family. we had about 8" of the white stuff. a deputy (classmate who i hadn't seen in several yrs--got his job bc he was the sheriff's nephew) pulled up and asked what the ######## we're we doing? errrr, skiing????? he wasn't the brightest knife in the class.

Slow, those weren't Pink Panthers were they???? i had a pair of those and they had all of the comfort of an iron maiden. but man, they sure skied good.

They were orange ones, just like the Mahre Brothers skied on at that time. Very responsive, but very painful. Probably a 1979 or 80 vintage.

When I splurged and skied a day at Steamboat, there seemed to be people from Florida all over the place.

At least you aint gonn be like some of them people on utube wearing sandles while your cutting..... LOL!!!

Really though,,give us a review of them boots and good and bad about em...I love the looks of em....Looks really comfortable and I like a stiff boot especially in the ankle area....

The Matterhorn boots have excellent ankle support!

Al :cheers:

The Matterhorn boots have excellent ankle support!

Al :cheers:

I wear the 10" matterhorn chainsaw boot - that ankle support comes from leather that makes it 1/2 way to your knee :)

The matterhorn boots are pretty impressive though - perfectly waterproof, comfortable and tough as nails. I had a hard time getting used to the high leather on them.

I sell many pairs for the Matterhorns boots and the ONLY complaint I've had is they are "hard". A good pair of Dr. Shcholls does the trick. I don't work in the woods every day, but have been wearing the same pair for well over three years. Still waterproof and still comfortable. Overall, the best UL rated chainsaw boots I've ever owned.

I sell many pairs for the Matterhorns boots and the ONLY complaint I've had is they are "hard". A good pair of Dr. Shcholls does the trick. I don't work in the woods every day, but have been wearing the same pair for well over three years. Still waterproof and still comfortable. Overall, the best UL rated chainsaw boots I've ever owned.

Roger that. I keep inserts in all my workboots though.

Latest posts

Back