I Got My First Mill

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pyromaniac guy

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
well, second if you count my beam machine.

i bought this one off of ebay. i was looking for a project saw to tinker with, but all of those got rediculously high on there. i also knew i was going to buy a portable mill from bailey's in the spring.

this solved both problems. the saw looks to be in decent shape, other than the broken handle, which i want to fix. i bought a tester so i can check compression. it looks like the saw is modded, because there is a large exhaust hole in the muffler cover that does not look standard (i'll have to get you pics of that later.)

whoever had the saw, looks like they took care of it pretty well. the only issue i have right off the bat is a small one. there is only about 18" of rope for the pull. i need more rope, that's not enough...

here's some pics, cause i know you guys like 'em:

stihl031AV01.jpg

stihl031AV02.jpg

stihl031AV03.jpg

stihl031AV04.jpg

Congrats on the mill. The saw is in upside down compared to the way that I mount mine. Dont know if it matters or not. Good luck with the milling and post a few pics of that if you can.:clap:

Congrats on the mill. The saw is in upside down compared to the way that I mount mine. Dont know if it matters or not. Good luck with the milling and post a few pics of that if you can.:clap:

yeah, i noticed that about the saw too. maybe the previous owner was left handed? i have the saw off the mill now. hopefully in the spring i can practice some milling...

The guy shipped it with the saw attached and the mill assembled? Holy crap batman!

nah, it wasn't shipped. it was from an isoldit store about 90 miles north of here. i went to pick it up on one of my work runs and saved the $50 ship charge...

nah, it wasn't shipped. it was from an isoldit store about 90 miles north of here. i went to pick it up on one of my work runs and saved the $50 ship charge...

Oh, ok. I was thinking it would be crazy to ship like that!

pyro--apparently--youve had better results with isoldit than i did--they ripped me on shipping for a small item---pukes--maybe i can get you to pick the item up--and ship it--if i need something--:) :)

pyro--apparently--youve had better results with isoldit than i did--they ripped me on shipping for a small item---pukes--maybe i can get you to pick the item up--and ship it--if i need something--:) :)

they quoted a flat rate shipping fee of $50 for that item. it's not the shipping you have to watch out for, it's the handling that they kill you with...

Latest posts

Back