I got reminded of something today

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Cut up some logs I had here today and got reminded how damn fast a ported 262XP with 72LPX chain can cut firewood. :rock:

attachment.php

Cut up some logs I had here today and got reminded how damn fast a ported 262XP with 72LPX chain can cut firewood. :rock:

attachment.php

I was reminded today to check over a saw before use. I almost lost the muffler on my 25cav!. 2 of the 3 bolts backed out before I knew it!

That cuz you're used to running those old green dinosaurs all the time:msp_wink: BTW, I like those old green dinosaurs! The most fun is to see them out cut something newer:clap:

No the most fun is seeing the expression on the face of the owner of the newer stuff when he see's the old green dinosaur out cut it. :hmm3grin2orange:

Honestly this saw ran pretty good before but I still prefered to cut with my PP365. After Super3 got done with it, I have to say its much better now then it was.

Last edited:
Had mine out last week as well. 262XP's are one of my all time favorites. Everything just feels perfect to me, and like you said- they dont waste any time cutting. That looks like a pretty clean one to boot. :msp_thumbup:

Had mine out last week as well. 262XP's are one of my all time favorites. Everything just feels perfect to me, and like you said- they dont waste any time cutting. That looks like a pretty clean one to boot. :msp_thumbup:

Yeah its in pretty good shape and runs great. I used to use it quite a bit at one time, then it just got but back aside for some others as they arrived. Only thing I'm not crazy about on this is the choke and stop switch, the way there laid out.

I actually started out to grab my ported Craftsman 3.7 then seen this one setting there. Its a nice saw to run.

True! A 262 is an awesome saw, and mine gets grabbed from the fleet very often. It is closely followed, preference wise, by my old faithful white topped 61. Kind of wish they didn't take the small mount bar, as it is the only saw in my fleet that does. But, that's ok. Thing has cut piles and piles of wood for sure. Oh, and my 262 gets me some bonus suckage points since I bought it in "not running" condition for cheap. 15 minutes with an air hose, and fuel could once again penetrate the plugged up carb.

oh ya

I hear you on the 262 getting it done.Emu legs(Randy)did up a couple 262's for me and they definitely get it done in firewood sized wood.I recently did a tree removal for a neighbor.It took 4.5 hours.Very nice Red Oak 12"-26" on the stump.Thankfully the deal was that his sons would move the wood to where I could load it on my 1 ton.When I picked up the firewood (2 loads)a week later I realized why my clothes were wet from sweat and I seemed to be constantly gassing up.:msp_biggrin:If I used the ported 361 it might have taken 4 hours 29 minutes.:msp_biggrin:I also like Oregon LPx chain.It seems a little less vibration than other brands I'm using, imho.

True! A 262 is an awesome saw, and mine gets grabbed from the fleet very often. It is closely followed, preference wise, by my old faithful white topped 61. Kind of wish they didn't take the small mount bar, as it is the only saw in my fleet that does. But, that's ok. Thing has cut piles and piles of wood for sure. Oh, and my 262 gets me some bonus suckage points since I bought it in "not running" condition for cheap. 15 minutes with an air hose, and fuel could once again penetrate the plugged up carb.

I got to run Arrowheads white top 61 that he worked over a short time ago. I was impressed with what he got out of it. I had run a stock one along time ago and thought they were ok.

The small bar mount on the 262 never bothered me as 20" bars are easy to get for them and they seem a little high strung to be running more then that anyway.

I hear you on the 262 getting it done.Emu legs(Randy)did up a couple 262's for me and they definitely get it done in firewood sized wood.I recently did a tree removal for a neighbor.It took 4.5 hours.Very nice Red Oak 12"-26" on the stump.Thankfully the deal was that his sons would move the wood to where I could load it on my 1 ton.When I picked up the firewood (2 loads)a week later I realized why my clothes were wet from sweat and I seemed to be constantly gassing up.:msp_biggrin:If I used the ported 361 it might have taken 4 hours 29 minutes.:msp_biggrin:I also like Oregon LPx chain.It seems a little less vibration than other brands I'm using, imho.

Yep I like the LGX alot. This one on the 262 has the rakers down .030 and it was slinging the chips!

Yep I like the LGX alot. This one on the 262 has the rakers down .030 and it was slinging the chips![/QUOTE]

I love that 72LGX It is my favorite chain. I like at 0.035 on the DG's. 28-30 on the big dogs with out full skip.

Back