I got them back.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The legal system is broke

A little guts goes a long way, the guy got out of jail, he and his cousin came for a visit after his release. To protect my stuff I burried some boards with long spikes outside the door of my shop, my family and friends new they were there and how to avoid them, but they didnt. After the ruckus they made I let them go home to lick their wounds just to send the deputies to pick them up for tresspasing. They were really SORE loosers. Bet their done with me now.

Let me get this straight. He broke in to your and your neighbors place and stole your stuff. Then when you caught him he threatened you in front of the sheriff. Why is he out of jail messing with you again? How much time did he serve or is he out on bail waiting on trial? And now you let them go with some bloody feet? I wouldn't be surprised to hear that you are now being sued by the crook for not maintaining a safe environment for them to steal from.
I think I would feel much safer with the coroner hauling them away than the sheriff taking them to jail. The thief has already proven how stupid he is by stealing from you and then threatening you when he was caught. Now he further proves his stupidity by trying to steal from the guy that caught him last time again. I mean really, how dumb can it be to go right back to the guy that caught you last time? Did he really think he could get away with it this time?

HB, don't count them out. Go armed every time you step outside. A couple of camera's with audio might be in order to give you plenty of warning. I got one at Sam's club for a little over a hunderd bucks...works fantastic.
They have set a precedent for you to assume that they are ther to harm you.

RD

Thieves like that have a special place in hell. Very close to the hottest furnace and right in front of the biggest gay wad perverts there. He will get it in the end! Know what I mean???? It is hard to hold the Christian attitude with thieves and murderers! :(

A little guts goes a long way, the guy got out of jail, he and his cousin came for a visit after his release. To protect my stuff I burried some boards with long spikes outside the door of my shop, my family and friends new they were there and how to avoid them, but they didnt. After the ruckus they made I let them go home to lick their wounds just to send the deputies to pick them up for tresspasing. They were really SORE loosers. Bet their done with me now.

Don't count them out. FYI an extremely effective homemade(non-lethal) landmine can be made from a 12 ga shotshell, if you remove the shot and fill with coarse sand and put it between two different sizes of pipe with a screw to hit the primer and paneling on the top, when they step on it they get a very unwelcome surprise. paint balls fit too and when the cops show up they will be marked in paint and wood splinters.

Thieves in my book are just as bad as molesters, rapist, and liars.

I would come up with a good excuse to shoot them, shoot them in the head drag them halfway in the shop. Tell the police you were in there working and they started trying to get in, you got scared and shot. One less thing to worry about when you go to sleep at night.

Good luck, stay safe..

Thieves in my book are just as bad as molesters, rapist, and liars.

I would come up with a good excuse to shoot them, shoot them in the head drag them halfway in the shop. Tell the police you were in there working and they started trying to get in, you got scared and shot. One less thing to worry about when you go to sleep at night.

Good luck, stay safe..

TX is pretty much the only state where you can shoot someone for being on your property. In Maine, they have to be threatening with some sort of weapon, or attacking someone already to do much about it. Then again, it's legal to use deadly force to stop arson. :)

TX is pretty much the only state where you can shoot someone for being on your property. In Maine, they have to be threatening with some sort of weapon, or attacking someone already to do much about it. Then again, it's legal to use deadly force to stop arson. :)

They dont have to be threatening, if you dont like them and when you tell them to leave they dont you have the rights to shoot and kill. Tx is awesome, i really want my concealed handgun license. But, im almost afraid i would seriously go off on somebody and maybe shoot them. I have road rage BAD! I have gotten out of the truck twice to confront someone who cut me off.

As much as it's satisfying to screw with these jackwads, the general rule in the U.S. is:

Property owners are not required to protect trespassers who enter the property without proper permission, but they cannot willfully injure them either. If a property owner knows there are frequent trespassers on his property, he can be held liable for any injuries caused by unsafe conditions on the property if: the condition was created or maintained by the owner, the condition is likely to cause serious injury or death or if the owner failed to exercise reasonable care to notify trespassers of the dangerous conditions and risks involved.

While individual states may vary a bit, usually if you set a trap you're likely liable for injuries to and damage to the property of the trespasser. You don't want to save your chainsaw only to lose your land to a satisfy the judgment in a personal injury lawsuit. Game / Security Cameras, trespassing notices, and protective orders may take longer but eventually the idiots will go away for a while.

HOGBEAR, been right where you're at and they ain't done. Best to read and heed Dalmation 90's post, they can make your life real miserable real fast. Sadly enough, the only real thing you have on your side is the law, even though the enforcement of it is minutes if not hours away when you need it. Just remeber that material things are just that, material things, and they can be replaced. Your's, your family's, your friend's and your pet's health and lives can't be replaced. Lock everything of value away TIGHT so that it's inaccessable, ask the local sherriff's department if they will step up patrols in your area for a while and don't leave the wife and kids, assuming you have them, alone and most of all, watch your back and BE CAREFUL. And keep plenty of fire extiguishers on hand.

Latest posts

Back