I hate sanding!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That is a beautiful slab!
I guess, working on something that big for finish - I would rent some time on a 50" TimeSaver. WOW that is nice. any pics of it finished?

I lost a few pictures when my camera turned up missing. Kinda irritating. lost, stolen, misplaced, I haven't got a clue. It was right around 50 inches wide. It's off being used as a conference table. It was nice. I spent a lot of time on it. I even scraped it some.

hah, firestarter - should have thought of that when I had my 20" planer, with straight knives, it would make some pretty neat kindling which would have been great to keep for the rare cold southern night which requires a fire.

I'm constantly ending up with broken stickers and other thing so I make shaving for getting the shop stove going. Usually it's
really cold, so I go over to the shop when I get up. I'm usually way under dressed and don't want to spend more the a minute or two starting a fire. Instant fire. :blob2: DSCN6991.JPG

I find a carbide drill shank to be the best burnisher

Make a handle similar to a file/chisel handle. Put a ferrel on it if you wish(copper union fitting) if you wish but not necessary. Drill a hole the diameter of the drill (1/4 -3/8 work best) and epoxy the drill backwards into the handle so the shank hangs out an inch or so. If you have a machinist buddy ask if the have a used drill. Broken tips or dull perfectly ok!

If you have 50$ to spare
http://www.bluesprucetools.com/cgi/commerce.cgi?preadd=action&key=CB.250

DBORE_PROD.jpg

Latest posts

Back