I just stepped outside......

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tnichols

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I'm a newcomer to this forum, didn't know it existed, or that there were others like me that enjoy this sort of stuff. I just stepped away from the forum a minute ago to throw another red oak stick in the stove and step outside for some fresh air. It's in the 30's here tonight, and the damp east wind has finally layed down. The outdoor air has a rich aroma of wood smoke, and something (maybe momma bringing some chow) has stirred up the coyote pups not to far away. For those that wonder why we cut, split, stack, burn, etc... haven't had the experience or don't appreciate a cold, quiet night in the country. I love it. And tonight, like most nights, the fuel bill's on me.

Welcome aboard, and yes there is alot of us that just love doing this stuff most of the time that is all I think of(WOOD)and more (WOOD)

For me, there is nothing like a fire. It brings out the neanderthal in me, imaginations run rampant. Heating the house/shop is an extra bonus that is the culmination of a enjoyable hobby. We also have a fire ring 3 steps out the back door. When friends are over I usually get a nice fire going and we sit around, stare at it and enjoy a fav beverage with a cigar. Life is good!

RD

Welcome to the forum....being from a small town in northern Mn. I can appreciate your sentiments...and yes we have yotes yapping up here too.

Welcome aboard AS. Yep lotsa wood nuts around here ,your in good company. It was 38 here this morning and I started a fire at 5:00 just to take the chill out. :givebeer::givebeer::givebeer:

I'm a newcomer to this forum, didn't know it existed, or that there were others like me that enjoy this sort of stuff. I just stepped away from the forum a minute ago to throw another red oak stick in the stove and step outside for some fresh air. It's in the 30's here tonight, and the damp east wind has finally layed down. The outdoor air has a rich aroma of wood smoke, and something (maybe momma bringing some chow) has stirred up the coyote pups not to far away. For those that wonder why we cut, split, stack, burn, etc... haven't had the experience or don't appreciate a cold, quiet night in the country. I love it. And tonight, like most nights, the fuel bill's on me.

This guy gets it, the way you described that feels as though I there. Look up the thread entitled Hobby or dreaded task by loadthestove, he needs your help.:clap:

Welcome aboard! I think you will find lots of salt of the earth folks, good advice, and comraderie here! I've gotten tons of good (free) advice here. Be advised, we are complete whores for good photos!

8+ degrees

Another awesome sunny sunset here around 4pm,and its still above zero for a change of pace!

Lots of good stuff in AS

ak4195

haha i like the way you think brother

Welcome to the site from another Iowan. I live in SW Iowa but my wife is from Monticello. I have a lot of good friends in your area, a few in the prison at Annamosa (they work there). Best friend for 30+ years just retired from the FSA office in Annamosa.
Hope to see you here often.:cheers:

Welcome aboard from another 'newb'... I agree completely with you... in fact was just posting in another thread about the feeling of being outside in the dead of winter, snow falling and seeing the smoke gently rolling out of the chimney just makes me enjoy my wood furnace that much more... and the wonderful light aroma in the house and outside of the wood heat.... actually has made me start liking winter again after hating it for the first few years of home-ownership... I call that my 'pre-wood heat era'.. lol

Latest posts

Back