I kill recoils( and I'm man enough to admit it)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My success rate on taking apart and putting back recoil spring is terrible. I've ruined at least 2 ms260/026 recoil springs. I'm very good at taking them apart to clean them if the get sticky, however, I cannot get them back together! Today I ordered an aftermarket recoil cover as I damaged the spring in my attempt to put it back together. Am I the only guy in this group with this problem? I think I can manage when it's a spring contained in some kind of cartridge, but if it's loose spring I'm f*#%ed.

Ill have to take a photo, but I made a tool for winding them with my little screw gun out of a old poulan starter pulley. Once I get them wound I use the large zip tie to hold them and then drop them back in and take the ziptie off.

To hell with fighting bent, rusty, sticky clock springs, i spend the 10-15 bucks and put a new one in and spray with dry lube. Same with the rewind pulley and pawls, oem only after fighting the crap aftermarket stuff that fails the second day of use.

Latest posts

Back