I love satellite TV

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cutitup

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Last edited:
Not for the obvious reason. But because in my neighborhood every year I hear of someone on the street who has a tree that's just a bit too tall for reception. No probelm Mr. Neighbor my boy and I can help ya out with that!:greenchainsaw:

http://mysite.verizon.net/vze3j6z2/sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderpictures/MS01.jpg

http://mysite.verizon.net/vze3j6z2/sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderpictures/MS02.jpg

http://mysite.verizon.net/vze3j6z2/sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderpictures/MS03.jpg

How old is your boy?

Too many people are so afraid of saws that they refuse to teach a young man how to use a chainsaw. It's nice to see you teaching the boy both technique and respect (PPE). Nice Job!

:cheers:

Thanks all for the hearty Welcome!! I've been heating with wood and working with saws (both for fun and money) for over 25 years. My boy - who is now 12 - started using saws at 'round 10 or so. He's one kid that knows that "it doesn't get warm by turning up the thermostat" or that "food comes from a grocery store" but that's another story!

nice pics, you must be proud of your son. I have a 10 year old and we are just getting started in small engines, guns the fine art of working a shallow diver across the shore line.

Welcome

I've got 2 little girls. If I had one with a chainsaw in hand my wife would toss me into my OWB !!! Enjoy your time with your son. (I am envious of the help!):chainsaw:

Last edited:
The Stihl or Husqvarna debate was settled scientifically at my house-my son said get the orange one because it's his favorite color. Now I have to ask my daughters, what are theirs!:popcorn: . Blue Makita, Red Jonny, or another orange one :) .

nice pics, you must be proud of your son. I have a 10 year old and we are just getting started in small engines, guns the fine art of working a shallow diver across the shore line.

...And those are some memories that he'll keep with him for all time. Especially if he grows up to heat with wood and is fortunate to have a son of his own to help out.

I kinda hope he see's this as memories. But I must admit the sometimes I push a bit hard forgetting that he's a young'in. However, I do get some 'satisfaction' when I'm bucking a stalk one handed while I reach for my wedge -not letting off the throttle- and he says "I saw that Dad!" So maybe somethings sinking in. Also I'm a equal opportunity work giver. The ladies of the house (Mama and my daughter) have stacking duties. My boy just loves walking into the house after a long day of cutting and splitting saying "There's a full trailer load out there that someone needs to take care of! "

I kinda hope he see's this as memories. But I must admit the sometimes I push a bit hard forgetting that he's a young'in. However, I do get some 'satisfaction' when I'm bucking a stalk one handed while I reach for my wedge -not letting off the throttle- and he says "I saw that Dad!" So maybe somethings sinking in. Also I'm a equal opportunity work giver. The ladies of the house (Mama and my daughter) have stacking duties. My boy just loves walking into the house after a long day of cutting and splitting saying "There's a full trailer load out there that someone needs to take care of! "

i can see it now in a couple of years he walks in the house and he says that and his sister whacks him one good ROFL just kiddin

My step-son has spent the last few falls working with his grandpa splitting and stacking. Then last year I went out to help with a big blow-down, and there he was running grandpa's 036...he was 14.

Turns out grandpa thought it was time and took him out and showed him how to run it.

I started helping with the family firewood runs when I was 10 or 12.

Loved every bit of it. Until I got into high school and became distracted by other things.

Good to see a younger one out in the thick of it.

Back