I love these people.... Craigslist ad

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Downer

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I wonder how much I should offer to pay him to take them down... lol...you might as well say I want a professional service do it for free...

Reply [email protected] [?] flag [?] : miscategorized prohibited spam best of Posted: 2013-08-04, 1:19AM EDT
Firewood (Beloit)
Two large oak trees for firewood. Free for cutting. Due to location will need a bucket truck. Must be insured.

That is funny, there was one of those in my area last fall as well as one that required the same for half the wood.

I wonder if they feel stupid placing the add, or if they need someone to make them aware that tree workers don't ever need firewood.
Like trying to sell a load of busted bricks to a mason.

Yup people are ignorant sometimes. Nowhere on our trucks does it say "WILL WORK FOR FIREWOOD". It says CALL FOR A FREE ESTIMATE" A.K.A we don't work for free. See that there machine on the back of that truck? Thats a chipper and its where the wood is going we ain't keeping it.

Some people live in their own little world, convinced whatever they own is worth a fortune. They do it with cars too, how many private adverts are for same or more than the dealers who have to cover overheads, offer warranties or other legals. People are funny

I've often wondered whether they ever get a response to ads like this. That is the problem with a free listing service. It never hurts to ask. That's why you get lots of ads for over-priced items. I know when I was looking for a truck and knew pricing, I could pick out the ads from people thinking I don't really want to sell this but if someone wants to overpay by $5000 I'll do it.

Back