I need a clutch for an 056 stihl

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fryeguy2

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
I have a stihl 056av Magnum II and I need a new clutch for it, the shoes are down to bare metal. I have found shoes for 056's on ebay, but they seem slightly different. The shoes on my saw have a lip on the bottom where they but up against the center piece, as you can see in the first picture. The shoes I have seen for sale do not seem to have this. If anyone could sell me replacement shoes or an entire clutch assembly I would appreciate it. I would purchase used parts if they are in good condition.

thank you

Those shoes with the lip on the backing plate area was a design exclusive to the 056 AV Magnum II. The thinking was that the additional power created by the larger engine warranted that lip to keep the clutch from coming apart under heavy loading. Any 045/056 clutch will fit your saw and keep you running, but it's highly unlikely that you're going to find a clutch with those shoes in the used market. You can go to a Stihl dealer and order them, the shoes are still available from Stihl.

Thank you very much for the info. It shouldn't be hard to find a new clutch assembly if the other ones will fit.

I've got a NOS set of those shoes that I took out of the package but never installed. However, they do not have a lining and are bare metal. Compared to mine yours don't look all that bad. Shoot me a PM and we'll talk about it.

Chris B.

Back