I need a pro's help with 015 stihl AV

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

walkers77

Reaction score
I recently posted asking for help with Walbro 17a carb so I'm pretty sure the carb is assembled correctly. I have taken the carb apart at least 7 times to clean it and replace parts with carb kit. new needle too. metering lever is even with straight edge on carb
has new fuel line and filter and fresh non-ethenol gas
plug is recently new
every time i put the saw back together it does basically the same damn things so now i'm wondering if the carb is not the problem.
the saw starts fine but will not idle down to the point of the chain not moving without dying.
the saw revs up but does not reach top rpm and seems to be cutting out
tried setting idle screw at 3/4 turn and at 1 full turn and the high speed at same
then tried messing with them quite a bit
the saw will start to increase rpm when high speed is down to 1/4 turn
but never goes all out
while carb was off i put a dab of grease on the hole from the crankcase that pumps the carb and put a drill on the flywheel to spin engine. the grease moved up and down so i think that is ok
should i be looking at the magneto flywheel stuff
or what
thanks for any help offered

damn
i was thinking it was electronic ignition like the regular 015 i have.
took the points out and they do not look so good
so i will try replacing that next

I had much the same issue, points were shot. I replaced coil, points and condensor all in one shot. Now the carb needs gone through so if ain't one thing it's another. Although, I will say this, for a 30+ year old saw this stuff is small potatoes.

Hope you get that saw fixed and running.I got one awhile back and went through it and sold it for a big $10.00 more than I paid. for it.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Looks like the one I had was electronic.

Back