I need help finding the model info of this vintage chainsaw...

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ratedbts

Reaction score
I recently bought this vintage Homelite chainsaw with a 10 inch blade off eBay and I need to know what the model info or name is so I can figure out the gas to oil ratio needed. I added some pictures. Please any help would be greatly appreciated. The only thing I could find on the old chainsaw was the serial number which was 157480

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    37.1 KB · Views: 83
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    35.9 KB · Views: 91
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 68
Looks more like a Jonsered M36. Are you sure it's a homelite?
I am not sure it is a Homelite. I'm just giving you the information that I was given off eBay. Judging from the pictures I would say that it is a jonsered M36

All chainsaws will safely run on a ratio of 40-1 with todays modern mix oils. When the older saws were manufactured the oil back then was not what it is today, many saws back then were running on automotive crankcase oil mixed with the gasoline. Todays modern mix oils are specially formulated to be mixed with gasoline, provide superior lubrication and burn much cleaner.
That saw was made and labeled by Quadra Manufacturing in Trail BC, the saw got painted many colors and labeled for several chainsaw companies, Pioneer, Homelite, Jonsered and a few others show up now and then.

Latest posts

Back