I saw it on Ebay/Craigslist

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A friend of mine has an Old Blue nib.
Neat to see, but probably not worth a whole lot ?

Interesting... New old saws are cool but how much does that make it worth?
http://portland.craigslist.org/mlt/tls/1520510548.html

I think Alain Lamothe (Caporal30) hit the nail on the head:

"A CHAINSAW VALUE ???THE BIG QUESTION!!!!!!!!!
Chainsaw value...This is the big question no collector's want to answer since there is no real answer. Many factors can influence the price of a saw such as the overall mechanical condition of the saw, the quality of the paint and decals, the saw is a runner or can only be used for parts, parts are missing or broken to name only a few.

You cannot put a price tag on a chainsaw and if you intend to sell one dont think that you are sitting on a gold mine...........

In a collector's point of view what is the saw worth for you??? You need to figure out what it is worth to you. As a collector, i cant know that............. This could be influenced by a sentimental value, a saw that was own by a relative or selling it for a friend and more.....Only a transaction that will make both parties happy will occur if you have an idea of what you want for your saw............. otherwise it is just like buying anything. If you have a price in mind to sell a saw.........tell the buyer your asking price and only then you will find who might have an interrest and the saw may sell.

I have many time seen this question raised and asked to me and waisted my time to give prices and made offers for people that were only "fishing" and even after we agreed on a price only to find out that they dissapeared and communication was stopped and the saw was already sold to someone else.

I am not a saw seller....just a collector that wants to keep this history alive."

http://vintagechainsawcollection.blogspot.com

I think Alain Lamothe (Caporal30) hit the nail on the head:

"A CHAINSAW VALUE ???THE BIG QUESTION!!!!!!!!!
Chainsaw value...This is the big question no collector's want to answer since there is no real answer. Many factors can influence the price of a saw such as the overall mechanical condition of the saw, the quality of the paint and decals, the saw is a runner or can only be used for parts, parts are missing or broken to name only a few.

You cannot put a price tag on a chainsaw and if you intend to sell one dont think that you are sitting on a gold mine...........

In a collector's point of view what is the saw worth for you??? You need to figure out what it is worth to you. As a collector, i cant know that............. This could be influenced by a sentimental value, a saw that was own by a relative or selling it for a friend and more.....Only a transaction that will make both parties happy will occur if you have an idea of what you want for your saw............. otherwise it is just like buying anything. If you have a price in mind to sell a saw.........tell the buyer your asking price and only then you will find who might have an interrest and the saw may sell.

I have many time seen this question raised and asked to me and waisted my time to give prices and made offers for people that were only "fishing" and even after we agreed on a price only to find out that they dissapeared and communication was stopped and the saw was already sold to someone else.

I am not a saw seller....just a collector that wants to keep this history alive."

http://vintagechainsawcollection.blogspot.com

I think he put it out there rather well. We struggle with this all the time.

That Craftsman has to be worth some just because it is NOS, but then again it was not a top of the line or really desirable saw to begin with.

Would you say that it would be worth the original MSRP from whenever it was new? I'm not so sure that it would be.

Hey Mark, glad your postin:clap:, anyway i just picked up a Roper 3.7. appears to be ok, and complete. Whats the story with them. Not a very desirable saw?

I just meant that they were sold by Sears, not a top of the line Stihl or such.

There a good ole saw, just not hunted much. That's what I was getting at on the pricing of them.

Yeah I got one here also. Gave $5 for it and it should run with some work. Now how much would you give for a NOS one?

Not sure if that is collectible, but you know there have to be some people gathering up new unused saws of all types to display them. They may be more valuable as strato designs add weight and rob power.

Last edited:
You don't think it was out of hand do you. I actually thought it would bring a little more.

You see way less of these then the Echo 2 cyl's

Hello Mark,

I am kicking myself because the buy it now was less. I was tied into another deal that popped up instantly and I was not able to use the BIN. That is my loss:censored:

Bill

Hello Mark,

I am kicking myself because the buy it now was less. I was tied into another deal that popped up instantly and I was not able to use the BIN. That is my loss:censored:

Bill

So did you end up with it? I seen that it did bring just a little more then the BIN did.

Still a decent deal to me. If you did end up with it, keep me in mind for one of the extra blades!!!

So did you end up with it? I seen that it did bring just a little more then the BIN did.

Still a decent deal to me. If you did end up with it, keep me in mind for one of the extra blades!!!

No I did not get it. I sure wish I would have but I was chasing **** Stihl stuff

Latest posts

Back