I saw it on Ebay/Craigslist

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
OOOOOOOHHHHHH BOY.

there goes the trade secret...:censored: Slugworth's been let out, lol. :clap:

I actually hate this thread and it should be closed down. God forbid your trying to make a deal on something then everyone finds out about it in the entire world. If your looking for saws then you should know how to use the resources yourself.

I actually hate this thread and it should be closed down. God forbid your trying to make a deal on something then everyone finds out about it in the entire world. If your looking for saws then you should know how to use the resources yourself.

I kinda agree but disagree too. I was working on a deal for a saw that was on CL and had the seller ready to ship, then I seen it on this site and he refused to ship to me because someone was close and picked it up. Then I agree with this because I don't have the time to search all of these site daily.

I totally agree.
Nothing worse than finding a saw,
Working a deal with the seller then
some one trie's to buy it out from
under you.

Lee

I agree as well I talked to a guy about a 394 in columbus ohio and he could not meet with me yesterday and we had set it up to meet today and he was going to hold it . Then It got posted on here and the guy got three other calls on it and decided to sell it last night . he had not got one other call on it until it was posted on here . So whoever got my 394xp for 150 in columbus I hope you like it , And thanks for messing up my deal watsonr. I realise your just trying to help others out but if you had not posted that I would have a 394 today

Dan

Like in nature, when the pack becomes too large and the resources too few, the members of the pack start to devour each other....:popcorn:

yup...it sux...

I agree as well I talked to a guy about a 394 in columbus ohio and he could not meet with me yesterday and we had set it up to meet today and he was going to hold it . Then It got posted on here and the guy got three other calls on it and decided to sell it last night . he had not got one other call on it until it was posted on here . So whoever got my 394xp for 150 in columbus I hope you like it , And thanks for messing up my deal watsonr. I realise your just trying to help others out but if you had not posted that I would have a 394 today

Dan

That, well, bl**S... it runs good btw, just needed a quick carb clean (i'm totally kidding :bang:)

Like in nature, when the pack becomes too large and the resources too few, the members of the pack start to devour each other....:popcorn:

mmmhmm...

Dan

This is an imformation forum. That means info is availible here.

Best go back and look at why you failed to finish the transaction rather than blame others

Dan

shouldnt you be blaming the seller for not holding his word? Sorry to burst yours and anyone elses bubble on why "you lost out" this happens on CL all the time for more than just saws. People see adds at different times and call and offer more to buy from under others. One thing Ive learned is you gotta be ready to move on a deal when you find it.

This is an imformation forum. That means info is availible here.

Best go back and look at why you failed to finish the transaction rather than blame others

shouldnt you be blaming the seller for not holding his word? Sorry to burst yours and anyone elses bubble on why "you lost out" this happens on CL all the time for more than just saws. People see adds at different times and call and offer more to buy from under others. One thing Ive learned is you gotta be ready to move on a deal when you find it.

Yup...all part of the game...it's happened MANY times. The 'more-than' offers, etc.. One of my favorites, is someone posts something for sale, someone else calls (Who has no$$, or intention to buy...) TELLS THEM it should sell for way more, bla bla bla...

ex: I had a guy that JUST posted his 334T husky saw...mint, like new shape. lean seized. wanted $30.:bang:

he put it on ebay BEFORE the CL ad was up... it went for $76. Thanks buddy..

there is nothing new under the sun.

this has always been this way. I have been buying and selling for 35 years and
people are what they are.

we have heard it many times already in this thread were those deals went sideways.

A while back I called on a big homelite for 85 bucks, told the guy I was on my way.
Got a call back from him and he said another guy that had tried to talk him down was now offering more.

Turns out I knew the guy from some deals and not only had he told the seller
that I was a shady hustler he told him whatever I offered he would pay 5 dollars more.

This went back and forth for a few calls till the seller realized this other guy was a bozo. By then I had to pay 150 for the saw.

some people

It's almost more irritating that people cannot even keep their word anymore. So far i have been pretty lucky with that though. I have lost a few deals though cause of this thread and nothing more irritating then making a deal then seeing it here and having the deal disappear shortly after.

Weather this thread is here or not though, if you find a deal and do not jump on it immediatly...chances are its gonna be gone no matter what.

Okay then

So I'm trying to figure this out a bit here.With no offense to Trimmed intended,are some of you saying maybe this thread is not the best to try and land a deal? If I know a member here that's looking for a certain saw model or make I would PM him about it.Now if I a come across a saw and don't know anyone interested in it I would post it here.Just my thoughts.
Lawrence

...... Guest it doesn't matter that the same thing happened to me,,,LOTS. Like the 090 for $350, member here got it, oh and the nice big Homelite Wildman got..$125.

It's almost more irritating that people cannot even keep their word anymore. So far i have been pretty lucky with that though. I have lost a few deals though cause of this thread and nothing more irritating then making a deal then seeing it here and having the deal disappear shortly after.

DSC04485.jpg

Had the seller ready to ship that saw, he went and got it, nice story too, he drove long for that one! Never once said ...hey bud you cut me off, if I wanted it THAT bad I would have drove my :censored:eek:ver and got it! You can't depend on the seller to keep his word, its about the money PERIOD!!
I hope he gets every penny out of that saw, it's almost enough to know it went to a good home and he probably never knew I WAS THE OTHER BUYER!

Pull up your panties boys! Local pick-up is going to win every time over shipping and I'll be over directly is the only way to make sure it belongs to you. Thanks Wildman...you motivated me to get a 1050A! Got 2 actually

dans3kgt; I wish you luck in finding a 394, I'll keep an eye out for you!

Next time YOU buy a saw...did you pull an underhand deal OR did the seller :censored: YOU or ME?

I will admit, it makes for great night time reading don't it.:givebeer:

I'm posting now...i want an 090 and I'm searching the entire US, if I'm not around to get it I HOPE YOU DO!!!

Latest posts

Back