I saw it on Ebay/Craigslist

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't have them all.
Just half of them.:cheers:
Slim chance of finding a non busted
up one for 500.00 but ya never know.
I found 3 nice runners for 300.00 each
this year.

Lee
Haha, only half huh. So I do have a chance.

And 300bones each, thats not too bad, especially for the high ratings they seem to get.

Nice unit but will have a bit of trouble powering non-govt equipment. The good ole US Army required **** that was different from the norm.

I know the GI stuff had some strange voltage and cycles but that is a 115 volt gen.
It may run a light bulb for ya. :D

I think .125 KW would be 125 watts. Seems like it should be at least 500 watts for that size motor though.

As an antique Vietnam era vet (enlisted during the action, but didn't get there) this is an antique collectors only. Why is it even here? Are y'all now posting anything seen on fleabay/CL? I saw some plumbing equipment, remove the residue.

Yep, thats what this thread is for. Stuff you see on craigs list or Ebay, Chainsaw related.

Which is exactly what this little guy is. Made by homelite with a chainsaw motor.

lots of collectors read this thread. I have 3 remington chainsaws made for the army about the same
year this genset was made .

I know of the 660G military Remington.
Know a AS member has one of the gear drives, but not sure the model?

Yep, and I know a gent in Eugene, OR., that has three more of the military-issue Remingtons. One direct drive, two gear drive. I know the direct drive is a Super 770, I don't know about the gear drives.

mine are the 754 G

wright014.jpg

I know the GI stuff had some strange voltage and cycles but that is a 115 volt gen.
It may run a light bulb for ya. :D I think .125 KW would be 125 watts. Seems like it should be at least 500 watts for that size motor though..

Well Ric I guess you did not look at the tag. I assume you do understand how elctricity works. The voltage is just one measurement. There are many factors to consider. I take 50,000 volt hits all the time with no issues. The 50,000 volts I get is at a low amperage so it is just a good shock. I weld at 200 amps with no issues as it is at a low voltage (well under 60 volts). I as well as everyone else feel nothing. There are many issues :Ohm's law does not differ

Look at the tag again.

Did you see the 400cyl??

You do realize we use 60cyl in the USA.

The generator is a specific application unit but is still a neat item to find

I offered to either give him his asking price or give him one of my extra carbs so he could fix the saw and he didn't respond to either offer. I don't know what's up with him.

Oh well i guess. It's close to me as we are both in NY but I guess there will be more.

CAD and I have a serious relationship going on right now.

Latest posts

Back