I saw it on Ebay/Craigslist

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Not a bad deal, but its an 044, and not an 046, with an 031 clutch cover hacked on it.....

Wiggs, it could also be a 046 with a 044 tank and filter assembly jury rigged on there. I've seen that before.:dizzy:

Wiggs, it could also be a 046 with a 044 tank and filter assembly jury rigged on there. I've seen that before.:dizzy:

I have seen that before too, but in this case, its an 044. If you look at the starter side, up front beside the muffler, the corner of the case is angled, and on the 046 its squared off.

I have a much nicer and newer 041 I would sell for that price

Jeez, just last year I sold one on eBay auction and ended up getting $250 for it! Either I was lucky or the value has really dropped. :dizzy:
I just checked the "Completed Listings" on Fleebay for the 028's and it looks as though they have dropped in value as well.

I have seen that before too, but in this case, its an 044. If you look at the starter side, up front beside the muffler, the corner of the case is angled, and on the 046 its squared off.

Dang, Wiggs! you sure know your Stihl's.:cheers:
I went down to the shop and had to set them side by side to see what you meant.
Yah, that ol' Stihl aint as pretty as it seems -especially with the blurry photos and he mentions that he repainted the cases. Whoever buys it is gonna be disappointed.

Big old Homelite 2000. Looked up on Acres site; 115cc!

http://sacramento.craigslist.org/tls/2027110805.html

Hate to tell ya but thats not a 2000. It is most likely a Xp-1000 or 1020 and only 100CC.

We've discussed that one before, as he's been relisting it on and off for a year at least. One of these days I'll go check it out and see if I can bring home an XP1000 or XP1020 or whatever it actualy is........but not for the price he's asking.

Lots of 'bunk' info in CL ads. There was a guy in the Sacramento are who kept relisting a C52 Homelite. He listed it multiple times as an "88 CC monster". C5/51/52 saws are all 77cc. I sent him the Acres link for the C52 profile, and he ignored it and kept relisting the saw with the same 'bunk' info...:ices_rofl:

Day late, dollar short

:bang:

"Brian, I obviously asked too little for this saw as I have been inundated with responses. I have a person that contacted me last night offering me more then the original asking price. If he does not show I will contact you."

:bang:
"Brian, I obviously asked too little for this saw as I have been inundated with responses. I have a person that contacted me last night offering me more then the original asking price. If he does not show I will contact you."

I feel terrible for that seller- HOW will they EVER learn anything? I always sell it at the price I listed even if my ISP threatens to close my email account due to the thousands of responses. That way I remember not to be so stupid next time.

God, imagine changing the price because you priced it too low! The only thing worse would be asking someone to end an eBay auction early, or trying to talk a reluctant craigs seller into shipping. Any of these is a well deserved one way ticket to hell in my book :eek:.

Must be that Stihl 020 in Vergennes? Or is it the MS170 in Wells River?

John H.

Last edited:
Must be that Stihl 020 in Vergennes? Or is it the MS170 in Wells River?
Nope. I'm a Homelite guy. And...I have three 020s. :D

This was the title of the ad.:
"Homelite Super 1050 chainsaw - $50"

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back