I saw it on Ebay/Craigslist

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Never heard of one before, I wonder if it's a real deal or a fake, any Mac guys ever heard of this promo? That krinkle finish doesn't look too 70's ish. I guess I'm skeptical. It's definitely interesting, regardless of what I think.

I'm sure it's a real deal because I have heard a similar story with a mac 6 or a mini mac. They were boxed randomly and sent out with the rest. Can you imagine if you saved your hard earned money in 1970 to buy a cp-70 and when you opened the box you found that. With no money left to buy another I would think that you would be force to use it or try and sell it to buy antoher.

Never heard of one before, I wonder if it's a real deal or a fake, any Mac guys ever heard of this promo? That krinkle finish doesn't look too 70's ish. I guess I'm skeptical. It's definitely interesting, regardless of what I think.

There actually were saws issued at 1, 1.5, 2, 2.5, and 3 million as "Milestone" units by McCulloch. What McCulloch did was fix up these special saws, and then box them up like any other and put them in the warehouse. Then they were randomly shipped off to whatever dealer was lucky enough to receive them (Not even the McCulloch workers knew where they were going.)

Now the caveat is, there were certificates of authenticity and other paperwork shipped with each "Milestone" saw. The paperwork needs to be included for the saw to be authentic. Without the paperwork, it's just a Mac saw that's been painted silver and isn't worth a darn.

For that much money he needs better pics.

No doubt!!

That krinkle finish doesn't look too 70's ish. I guess I'm skeptical.

And I'd go back to WSC's comments - its really tough to tell from those photos. Im skeptical too.

I'm sure it's a real deal because I have heard a similar story with a mac 6 or a mini mac.

I dont doubt the actual promo is real, but I am not so convinced this is the "real deal" either. Im not saying its not, but $15k is a lot of money, Im sure more than one person has tried to forge one of these things.

Now the caveat is, there were certificates of authenticity and other paperwork shipped with each "Milestone" saw. The paperwork needs to be included for the saw to be authentic. Without the paperwork, it's just a Mac saw that's been painted silver and isn't worth a darn.

Very good point!

There actually were saws issued at 1, 1.5, 2, 2.5, and 3 million as "Milestone" units by McCulloch. What McCulloch did was fix up these special saws, and then box them up like any other and put them in the warehouse. Then they were randomly shipped off to whatever dealer was lucky enough to receive them (Not even the McCulloch workers knew where they were going.)

Paperwork that is a good idea. He don't say anthing about that or the box bet it got tossed in the trash.

Looks like it was done in silver leaf.Not plated.

I bet that SP70 I have on the shelf would look good in gold leaf............hmmmmm.

It needs a full rebuild. That saw was listed and ended with no bid last week, I asked some questions and it needed pretty much everything.

I thought it sounded fishy! He only says a bearing but that always leads to somthing else!

Helluva deal on a Cant Hook/Timberjack.

New Heavy Duty 42" Cant Hook with Rigid Stand for Chainsaw etc. - $30 (Oilville/Louisa County)
Date: 2010-12-10, 5:45PM EST
Reply to: [email protected] [Errors when replying to ads?]

Perfect for lifting a log away from the ground for chain saw (chainsaw) cutting of firewood. You can pull the slip pin and the rigid stand removes for Cant Dog work. Logging Loggers. I also have old antique farm and country primitives for sale, if you are interested. If it would help you to see this, I am usually in Short Pump or Ashland about once a week.*************************************************** 804 556 4441******************************** Cash**********************

* it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests

3kd3p53ob5U55X05R4aca20a3ba1abc0817e3.jpg
3n33mf3lf5Z65Q35R4aca881e1f2fa875108f.jpg

3kf3p23o75Q55U45R6acaffb304f1af1c1866.jpg
3n83o63l15O05Y15W5acaa3c6d15596141395.jpg

PostingID: 2106273395

The item in the pictures looks for all the world like a Peavy Mfg Timberjack, in darn near new condition. I'd grab that myself if I lived closer, even though I already own one. :dizzy:

I paid over twice that and it's worth every penny.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back