I saw it on Ebay/Craigslist

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
084 have that stepped up top plastics. That having the smooth level top plastics makes it easy to tell it's not an 084.

got a question about ebay

howdy folks so i bought a saw on ebay the deal went bad i opened a case in ebay and paypal etc... just now the guy contacts me and says he has refunded my money but!!!! when i look at my balence its 0.00 it shows he did a refund but it says temperary hold????? whats that mean? ive used ebay for awhile but never had many problems so how does this work????

On Crack...

Husqvarna 257 XP

I have a Husqvarna 257 XP with one 16" bar and chain and two 20" bars with chains. Saw runs and cuts great. Asking $450 obo. Call 603 690 5181

3n13m93p15Q45T65P1b1of66a0e813b1016a9.jpg

Since when is the 257 an "XP" model? Correct me if I'm wrong, but the 262 is the "xp" saw in that lineup, correct?

howdy folks so i bought a saw on ebay the deal went bad i opened a case in ebay and paypal etc... just now the guy contacts me and says he has refunded my money but!!!! when i look at my balence its 0.00 it shows he did a refund but it says temperary hold????? whats that mean? ive used ebay for awhile but never had many problems so how does this work????

[threadjack] temporary hold usually means that the seller refunded with a check or bank transfer, rather than using the actual paypal service. so, paypal is waiting on his "check to clear." normal procedure for any bank. Let 7 to 10 days pass then file a claim with ebay and paypal. but do wait.[/threadjack]

hmmmm...is it an echeck? Are you required to return the saw? It's either the refunders funds are waiting to clear or they are waiting for proof of delivery on the return. Just guesses actually, let us know when you know different.

thanks!

[threadjack] temporary hold usually means that the seller refunded with a check or bank transfer, rather than using the actual paypal service. so, paypal is waiting on his "check to clear." normal procedure for any bank. Let 7 to 10 days pass then file a claim with ebay and paypal. but do wait.[/threadjack]

thanks yea thats about what paypal said!!!*shakes head* yea it was weird he emailed me back said he would refund it right away then we see it has a hold ????? so we finally got ahold of paypal they said he did not take it out of his bank account like we did makes me wonder if he did it to pay some bills and make me and who ever else he did this too have to wait till he had funds in his account... my wife had him his money right away oh well what can ya do!!!!!the way this dude does stuff is really odd ball!!!!! thanks for your input buddy!!!

no

hmmmm...is it an echeck? Are you required to return the saw? It's either the refunders funds are waiting to clear or they are waiting for proof of delivery on the return. Just guesses actually, let us know when you know different.

no i bought a saw on ebay the guy said he had 3 of them sold all 3 then i get a request from him to cancel my order he made a mistake only had 1 saw .... so we emailed him opened a case etc finally late today the guy emails me says i told you id refund you i will do it now! we look and the balence was zero but showed he sorta refunded it but has not got paypal their money yet so i guess eventually he will put my money and the other peoples money back in his account then we get payed??? i guess LMAO!

Latest posts

Back