I saw it on Ebay/Craigslist

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You've had 6 problem transactions out of 20 :monkey:

Lee

Yes but I've had problems only as a buyer. My ratio of problem transactions as "buyer only" is actually worse!

3 non-receipt
1 "complete saw" shipped powerhead-only (and the box said "PH' so they must have known)
1 "new bar" that was missing paint and had a sprocket full of sawdust
1 "factory refurbished" 455 that was a total piece of %$#!

Why are you selling the 285CD for $75? Is it in good shape? I've got one and love it with a 28" bar.

It has a bad topend and needs all new rubber throughout. It will make an excellent part saw. Surprisingly it showed 160 lbs of compression. Once I got it apart, different story. Looks like the piston skirt broke once and messed up the cylinder below the transfers. No scratches above the ports, which is why it showed good comp.:mad:

It has a bad topend and needs all new rubber throughout. It will make an excellent part saw. Surprisingly it showed 160 lbs of compression. Once I got it apart, different story. Looks like the piston skirt broke once and messed up the cylinder below the transfers. No scratches above the ports, which is why it showed good comp.:mad:

Sorry to hear that as I really like mine.

Efco 956 in VT for $75

I already have a medium saw or I'd be checking it out.

http://burlington.craigslist.org/tls/1200268291.html

"i have a efco 956 chainsaw for sale was really torquie got it a new bar an chain last year its a meduim to big saw with a 18 inch bar use to run great always started i left it sitting in the shed over winter an seems it doesnt want to start paid over $500 new for this saw its a saw worth fixing or for parts will take 75$ firm seeing how i just put new bar an chain on it last year an used it to cut about 5 cords new chain an bar was 75$ alone there is some ware on it now but yea only if real interested email me at [email protected]"

Back