I saw it on Ebay/Craigslist

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wendell,
PM me the details of when and where. I will get in touch with a couple of my shops dwon on this corner of the state that deal with used saws alot.
Bob

I'll just post the info here in case anyone else can help out.

The 346 serial # is 20101000745 and I don't have the 395 serial # but it has a 394 recoil cover on it. Most likely, someone is going to need to get a few parts for them as I'm sure something broke on the fall out of the truck.

New to group. My BIL and FIL have sent me on a quest to find them a 143 Sachs-Dolmar. They say it is impossible (but they don't have computers, so of course it is for them). I think anything is possible if you have the right connections, and enough time. They are wanting this saw and I think you could name your price. Will pick up anywhere or at least pay for shipping if not possible to pick up in person. Thanks for remembering me and my quest in your daily outings and searches.

Good luck, Jeri! It probably won't be easy to find one in your area, although I did buy a S-D 133 in Burlington a couple of years ago. Quite a few years ago there was a dealer there that sold them.

The 346 serial # is 20101000745 and I don't have the 395 serial # but it has a 394 recoil cover on it. Most likely, someone is going to need to get a few parts for them as I'm sure something broke on the fall out of the truck.

I'll just mention that....there WAS a purportedly/apparently clean and lightly-used 346XP listed on C-L, from the Cape Cod, MA, area, IIRC. The listing is gone.... Can't imagine that it might have migrated this far, but....one never knows.

sorry to hear that wendell. hope you get them back. maybe the "good samaritan" will realize his potential and contact you. you gotta make it easy for them to know how to though.

New to group. My BIL and FIL have sent me on a quest to find them a 143 Sachs-Dolmar. They say it is impossible (but they don't have computers, so of course it is for them). I think anything is possible if you have the right connections, and enough time. They are wanting this saw and I think you could name your price. Will pick up anywhere or at least pay for shipping if not possible to pick up in person. Thanks for remembering me and my quest in your daily outings and searches.

Jeri, Your best bet is either ebay or craigslist.
The 143 is a very good saw with lots of power
for 95cc's. I have a few but not for sale. They
do pop up every now and then. There weak point
is the ignition system of which no parts are even
possible to find. So if you find one make sure it
has great spark to the plug.

Lee

efco 7200 chainsaw - $450 (woodland)

Date: 2011-05-29, 9:21PM PDT
Reply to: [email protected]

Pro loggers saw for large trees. uses same bars and chains as large Husqvarna saws. Purchased for large tree job. Bailey's demo with less than 10 total hours. Tree is firewood, saw needs a new home.

Call bud 530 666 6949

2 OLD CHAIN SAWS - $100 (SAC.)

Date: 2011-05-28, 9:22PM PDT
Reply to: [email protected]

BOTH CHAIN SAWS ARE HOMELITE WIZS.ONE IS VERY LARGE ,ONE IS MEDIUM.BOTH MOTORS TURN OVER.THEY ARE COMPLETE.GOOD TO RESTORE OR USE AS YARD ART.PLEASE CALL 916-706-1561

View attachment 185852

One of those saws in a Homelite Wiz (gear drive...and would be the "very large" one), and the other is a Zip (direct drive). Same saw family, but not both Zips. All the guy has to do is read what's on BOTH saws. Anyone that'd suggest using them for yard art ia a jackass anyways...

Last edited:
One of those saws in a Homelite Wiz (gear drive...and would be the "very large" one), and the other is a Zip (direct drive). Same saw family, but not both Zips. All the guy has to do is read what's on BOTH saws. Anyone that'd suggest using them for yard art ia a jackass anyways...

Hey Aaron you should call him, and set him straight. I'm sure after you educate him he'd be more than willing to thank you for your time, and interest. Just don't call him a Jackass..........lol.

Hey Aaron you should call him, and set him straight. I'm sure after you educate him he'd be more than willing to thank you for your time, and interest. Just don't call him a Jackass..........lol.

:hmm3grin2orange:

My wife sez I have no tact. She may just be right. Maybe I'll give him a call and pick 'm up if he'll cut his price in half (or better). I haven't had good luck making "informative" calls to CL sellers....even when I'm making an effort to be tactful. Most of these guys couldn't care less about having their advert facts straight.....unless it means they'll get more $$$. I also don’t want to educate them before negotiating...:D

Ms460 sure looks nice....

http://providence.craigslist.org/for/2414658981.html

3nc3of3lc5Q35T25U0b61f20b98abd5841d3f.jpg

My wife sez I have no tact. She may just be right. Maybe I'll give him a call and pick 'm up if he'll cut his price in half (or better). I haven't had good luck making "informative" calls to CL sellers....even when I'm making an effort to be tactful. Most of these guys couldn't care less about having their advert facts straight.....unless it means they'll get more $$$. I also don’t want to educate them before negotiating...:D

sorry, didn't realize you had a stuttering problem. :laugh:

Been looking for a good small saw to limb out with.

Found this on E-bay. Item # 280688396101

Is it just me or does the chain brake look locked to anyone else???

David

Been looking for a good small saw to limb out with.

Found this on E-bay. Item # 280688396101

Is it just me or does the chain brake look locked to anyone else???

David

ROTFLMAO!

There is a thread in the forum about "not teliing him the chain brake was on ..."

But this is not THAT saw .... I'd shoot the seller a note asking what they mean by 'stuck' ...

Back