I saw it on Ebay/Craigslist

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
LOL .... I love it when the phrase "... still runs ..." is included in a description! The underlying meaning (to me) is to say " ... despite all the crap and misuse we've put it through ..."

Some Americans are envious of our Canuck neighbors because they have better beer! :cheers:

Yes we do.:msp_smile:

Partner tophandle. Rebadged poulan? Looks clean, either way.

Husqvarna Partner 340 Chainsaw

Poulan, and it's the nicest one I've ever seen.

That saw is indeed a late Poulan micro with a chainbrake. Good saw.

The "American beer is inferior to Canadian beer" cliche is tired and false. Bad Ted. Bad WingNut. Yes the majority of the beer SOLD in America is the thin light pilsner stuff. Canada cranks out some horsepiss too, as does Mexico and Europe. There are MANY MANY great craft and micro brews here in the US that cannot be discounted however. Great American beers have been kicking butt in international beer competitions for decades. Any of you hosers that want to come out to the land of GREAT craft/microbrews for a sample just let me know. I'll take you to the source. I'd put our great crafts and micros against ANYTHING the Canucks can pump out.

DSCN0232.jpg

bombers.jpg

beer-220.jpg

russianriver2.jpg

bear-republic.jpg

That saw is indeed a late Poulan micro with a chainbrake. Good saw.

The "American beer is inferior to Canadian beer" cliche is tired and false. Bad Ted. Bad WingNut. Yes the majority of the beer SOLD in America is the thin light pilsner stuff. Canada cranks out some horsepiss too, as does Mexico and Europe. There are MANY MANY great craft and micro brews here in the US that cannot be discounted however. Great American beers have been kicking butt in international beer competitions for decades. Any of you hosers that want to come out to the land of GREAT craft/microbrews for a sample just let me know. I'll take you to the source. I'd put our great crafts and micros against ANYTHING the Canucks can pump out.

DSCN0232.jpg

bombers.jpg

beer-220.jpg

russianriver2.jpg

bear-republic.jpg

I hear that Pliney the Elder is killer beer. I wish I could get a case of it. I also sent that guy with the 340 an email. I could probably walk to his home. I am just across the bridge from him.

Somebody got a deal!!
660 for a 460 price
It didn't last long at all

stihl 660 magnum | eBay

The skeptical side of me sez that's too good to be true. Hope it's legit for the buyer's sake. I've seen new Stihl saws advertised on CL here several times over the years. They're almost always flagged and removed shortly afterwards. I've seen the same saw (and add copy) reused with different phone numbers and locations before. Those get flagged quick. Not sure if those are robbery setups or what. Again, I hope it's legit....

The skeptical side of me sez that's too good to be true. Hope it's legit for the buyer's sake. I've seen new Stihl saws advertised on CL here several times over the years. They're almost always flagged and removed shortly afterwards. I've seen the same saw (and add copy) reused with different phone numbers and locations before. Those get flagged quick. Not sure if those are robbery setups or what. Again, I hope it's legit....

I hope so too.

It appears to be a canadian saw by the decal on the brake handle.

219058d1327265007-woods-002-medium-jpg

Chris, if ya need any parts, let me know. This 360 feels scored, ain't had time to check it. If it is, parts is it's future. :msp_biggrin:

IMG_4909.jpg

The biggest problem I found with this saw is I don't have any trees available big enough to give it a good workout.
I have a 50" red oak down on the farm, wanna send it to me? I'm gonna need it for that behemoth. Our red and white oaks took a terrible beating during the hurricane. I haven't cut up a tree less than 30" at the base yet. I'd kinda like to find something small to use the XXV on other than limbs. :(

I hear that Pliney the Elder is killer beer. I wish I could get a case of it. I also sent that guy with the 340 an email. I could probably walk to his home. I am just across the bridge from him.

Randy, I believe you folks on the right coast can get Pliney the Elder (and it is AWESOME.....I'm not a "mega IPA" fan, but it's FANTASTIC at the source). I'll do some digging. I believe some of the major US outlets (maybe BevMo) can get it. Pliney the Younger is a limited run special that people come from all over the world for. They have sold growlers (funky old-fashion bottles with the reuseable bailed cap) before, but they aren't doing it this year. Pub sales only. Feb 03, 2012 through Feb 17, 2012. You can bet I'll be enjoying some. I have a buddy with an "in" that will get me past the crazy lines. Gonna take the 3rd off from work! If it turns out you can't get Pliney the Elder on your end of the country, I'll figure out some way to make it happen...:cheers:

Latest posts

Back