I saw it on Ebay/Craigslist

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Why is that funny?

You should see what those things bring on ebay sometime and you will wish you stole that one for $10.

If that was close to me, I'd be on it like white on rice. eBay cracks me up with what sells and what doesn't and the STUPID prices some things bring. Back when I first got on there I was buying up EVERY Corgi toy that was offered because they were cheap and I wanted to give my nephews some really cool toys. Fast forward 10 years and they're bringing triple what I paid for them. I have 2 nice sets for the nephews and quite a few to sell. Same thing with model trains, you can't give the damn things away until November.

I'm not buying one of those Chinese Stihl clones, no way, no how. I will tell you the Chinese DEK diesel motors they make are top notch machines, same with the10hp gas motor that HF sells. I have one of the gas motors on the splitter and it runs like a champ, now I need to replace the lines and fluid.

Thanks for posting that one Johnnie. Those of us participating in the auction were saddened that there weren't more folks to bid against us.:cheers:

Saw comes complete with slow, creeping, magnesium death.

Which is one reason why I didn't go terribly high on it. To me, it wasn't worth much more than the "barely over $100" that it was sitting at. I can't swing "market" value for a good condition 2000/2100 Homelite, and one in that condition (and at that more reasonable price) is more in my range. Thankfuly (for my bank account), it got bid up into the range where a worn out 40+ year old saw in better condition than that one SHOULD sell for.....

Last edited:
Maybe with a few more of those kinds of posts we can raise the value of junk saws and actually make some money??!!

What do you say Aaron????:msp_mellow:

I'm with you Randy. Let's all band together and pool our efforts. If we really work at it, we can drastically inflate the value of our old saws, make a quick buck or two through buying low and selling high (hey, there's a large pool of suckers.........I mean enthusiasts to bilk here), increase the value of our "magnesium investments", and price the hobby right out of the reach of middle America.:msp_thumbup:

paging duke thieroff! Pickup on aisle one! :d

LOL!

I've already located one for a price/trade I could stomach for a project saw I'm not sure I'll even like.

I'll have to keep this in mind, but his price is crazy. I passed on one in the summer that had a 24" b/c compression and spark for $60. I could probably still get it, but it's a hell of a drive.

Chris

Latest posts

Back