I saw it on Ebay/Craigslist

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not the safest thing in the world either, as 90% of your bar oil is GASOLINE!!!!! Combine that with no spark screen in the exhaust.

[video=youtube;XchwE9zVdnw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XchwE9zVdnw[/video]

if the bar did catch on fire it would make for a pretty neat Ghost Rider scene on a locust tree....my wife would laugh but she has a sick sense of humor

Jim Savage is a classic brand. They sold a lot of re-branded "mini" equipment like those little saws, weed wackers, blowers, etc.

I have been trying to find hard documents or such ever since I got one like the one in the auction.

Must not be many of them around, as I never seen one before and have only seen one since and it was at Wayne Suttons.

Wayne wasnt able to shed much light on them either. I'm kinda surprised that one has not sold by now for that price....

I have been trying to find hard documents or such ever since I got one like the one in the auction.

Must not be many of them around, as I never seen one before and have only seen one since and it was at Wayne Suttons.

Wayne wasnt able to shed much light on them either. I'm kinda surprised that one has not sold by now for that price....

I sold mine to NMurph last year. I didnt think that one on Ebay was a bad price either.

I'm kinda surprised that one has not sold by now for that price....

Wow you're kidding me....

I have a "non Savage" version of that saw in my garage, and I keep tripping over the freakin' thing. Need to put it up on the bay..... Any takers beforehand?

Wow you're kidding me....

I have a "non Savage" version of that saw in my garage, and I keep tripping over the freakin' thing. Need to put it up on the bay..... Any takers beforehand?

Why would I be kidding? You dont see the Savage branded ones hardly at all so that makes em unique. Your regular Orline branded saw is not really all that uncommon.

Why would I be kidding? You dont see the Savage branded ones hardly at all so that makes em unique. Your regular Orline branded saw is not really all that uncommon.

I get your point. Problem is that the most valuable saws are the rare ones that everybody wants. If it is rare and nobody wants it, it is not valuable.

If those pro-macs are so rare, why do I have them strewn all over my backyard? Go figure

Well..... of all of the PM600 series saws the 655 is the rarest and usually brings a good price.

I get your point. Problem is that the most valuable saws are the rare ones that everybody wants. If it is rare and nobody wants it, it is not valuable.

In the day and age that a person can sale a PM600 series McCulloch for $300-$400 that saw should easily be worth a couple bills, I have seen a couple non running Sears versions bring $100.

Last edited:
I guess I have seen less of the 655 than the 610. I can't believe the kind of money that guy has got for those things, I don't get it. Maybe I'll see if I can rake up some 655 from along my fence, paint it black, call it 'The Knight Rider Mark XVIII SuperCobra Special Edition' and put it on Ebay for $800 :laugh: Hey nice deal on that big 'ol echo, those are cool saws!

I guess I have seen less of the 655 than the 610. I can't believe the kind of money that guy has got for those things, I don't get it. Maybe I'll see if I can rake up some 655 from along my fence, paint it black, call it 'The Knight Rider Mark XVIII SuperCobra Special Edition' and put it on Ebay for $800 :laugh: Hey nice deal on that big 'ol echo, those are cool saws!

I spent some serious rep on this post.................CHA-CHING!!!

Lot of 3 Chain Saws - - Stihl MS 290, Stihl MS 026 & Poulan 2375 | eBay

Heads up! My cajun buddy said they only made one of these....

Did your Cajun buddy happen to comment "Dat dere saw don't be cuttin son, dat one be Choppin' trew da' wood!!! Dat saw dere is da' CHOPPER!!!".........hmmmm?

I went to sacramento a few weeks ago to pick up a 395xp I found on CL. All it does is cut really fast, I mean, for $600 I figured it would 'be chopin trew dat woodson' but it doesn't chop very well at all, damn thing can't even chop a sandwich without making a mess, gey

I went to sacramento a few weeks ago to pick up a 395xp I found on CL. All it does is cut really fast, I mean, for $600 I figured it would 'be chopin trew dat woodson' but it doesn't chop very well at all, damn thing can't even chop a sandwich without making a mess, gey

That wasn't the 395 with some 394 parts on it, was it?

Its a 2001 with only a few hours on it, I dont know what he did with the listing but it would only come up if I searched 'husqvarna 395' exactly, it wouldn't come up under any other search, it had no pic and was in a listing with a bunch of other stuff. It had the original 36" bar with all the paint on it.
View attachment 229774

Latest posts

Back