I saw it on Ebay/Craigslist

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Interesting. I had a run-in with "Ravendolls" way back when, wanting me to ship him some freebie parts to
fix a "customer's saw."

I read the posts regarding other members dealings with James.

I have done a few deals with him in the past and have always found him to be fair and true to his word.

I'm not necessarily defending him, but my experiences have been positive.

He changed it
"STIHL 026 CHAIN SAW
PARTS SAW
MAKE OFFER"
To:
"STIHL 026 CHAIN SAW
RUNS, NEEDS TUNE UP
$125 OBO"
and that's way too much for a saw that needs work, it could have a scored piston for all you know...:msp_thumbdn:

I started inserting ad quotes and linking the pictures when I post in this thread, simply for the convenience of the readers. But now I see a more important reason to continue the practice.

Thanks Skippy. :msp_thumbup:

I have done a few deals with him in the past and have always found him to be fair and true to his word.

I'm sure there's people out there that have had good dealings with him, just as there is with every seller. There's always two sides of the coin.
My thing was, he got real nasty with me once when I asked a question about a saw and put me on his blocked list. This was after I had
bought some stuff from him and had a good experience. Then later he had the dumb nerve to ask me for freebie parts while I was still
on his blocked list. It was more of a bizarre experience than anything.

I had dealt with him face to face many times and thought we were freinds till he maliciuosly stabbed me in the back over a stupid chainsaw.

I have seen him since and let that incident slide.

Now, reading his posted reply about that homelite and seeing the crazy prices he wants for stuff like a beat up Echo for 999 makes
me want to share some past history with potential buyers.

That and the fact he might read this and learn from it.:cheers:

what comes around goes around.

I called on that Poulan 5200

It sold local to the guy for his asking price of $100. Guess I was a little slow calling, I waited until today, but I didn't want to call later at night yesterday either, just because.... He said his son found it out at the curb being chucked out, it needed the oil assembly cleaned and a new oil line to make it a good runner. One of the better deals I have seen posted on this thread.

Latest posts

Back