I saw it on Ebay/Craigslist

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Does that mean that I can ad my Craftsman 3.7 on evilbay?

I would......

I do this on certain saws that I think may be of special interest......plus I want to get all I can for my saws. I have no qualms about that being known. I do this stuff for a living and don't have a "day job".......

I need one climber with climbing gear and chain saw.
Small job topping two or three trees.
Close to house.
Cash.

Gene

it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests
Compensation: cash, call for rate.

Craigs list add lol i called him informed him he is going to kill his trees and possibly have his house damaged by non insured business. People are nuts. I bet and told him I might be cheaper in the long run and told him to research why not to top mature trees and if he insists on using a work for beer climber good luck and hopefully you don't get someone killed to save a few measly bucks :)

I do this stuff for a living and don't have a "day job".......

I thought you were a sculptor's model?

ko-134-h-lg.jpg

Last edited:
It has been mentioned in other threads that a sanding disc can be fitted in place of the saw blade to provide a perpendicualr abrasive surface to true up the rails of a bar. I have been looking at my old table saw but not sure what kind of backer will fit the arbor though.

Could you use a fine tooth sawblade?

It has been mentioned in other threads that a sanding disc can be fitted in place of the saw blade to provide a perpendicualr abrasive surface to true up the rails of a bar. I have been looking at my old table saw but not sure what kind of backer will fit the arbor though.

Sears sells the disk. Just remove the film covering the sticky stuff on the wheel and stick a sanding disk on it. Works great and was pretty cheap IIRC.

No. You'd need a wheel suitable for treating metal. I know several timber cutters that use a 7" cut-off wheel in their table saws to dress bars down.

A cut off wheel is a dangerous, bad idea. There not designed to cut on there side and can fly apart.

I use a grinding disk made for a 7 or 9 inch angle grinder. Get one with the 7/8" open center and use a suitable adapter to mount it.

The disks are availble in different grits from a welding supply store.

A cut off wheel is a dangerous, bad idea. There not designed to cut on there side and can fly apart.

I use a grinding disk made for a 7 or 9 inch angle grinder. Get one with the 7/8" open center and use a suitable adapter to mount it.

The disks are availble in different grits from a welding supply store.

These guys have been using them for years without any ill effects. I'm not sure which wheel exactly they have but they use them every week- So you'd have to take that up with them.

I use a hand-held 7 inch angle grinder on my 130-pound "bar anvil" which is a long piece of log trailer tongue stock bolted to a 8" x 8" center beam.

Latest posts

Back