I saw it on Ebay/Craigslist

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mac 125

I bought a damm fine SP125 from Hoss who claimed it to be his best and I strongly suspect it was. He said what slight issues there were with it before I bought a STRONG
125 with a Cannon 42 sprocket nose (almost new) with a BIN of $500. I would buy from him again. I have never met him.
Igpoe:cheers:

Nobody here wants to read this stuff. Can we drop it?
Every saw except the 603 had an undisclosed problem with it, just for clarification.

LOL!!! If you really wanted to drop it the "poke in the eye" last sentence probably isn't going to help.

LOL!!! If you really wanted to drop it the "poke in the eye" last sentence probably isn't going to help.

He obviously didn't understand that my first example was a "for instance" and not the only problem. I could go on, but I won't.

Anyways, on to saws.... here is what is in my watch list:

Sachs Dolmar 120 Super Chainsaw Runs Good | eBay

Homelite 750 Chainsaw Runs and Works Great New 36" Bar and 404 Chain Nice Saw | eBay

Vintage Beard Poulan 53 | eBay

Homelite Super 650 Chainsaw | eBay

Another to throw on the list is the Super 650 ending a little later today. It's at $860 last time I looked. :msp_confused: That's a good chunk more than I paid for a NOS 750 a few years back. Of course it may happen the buyer changes his mind after its over.

Dan

Nobody here wants to read this stuff. Can we drop it?
Every saw except the 603 had an undisclosed problem with it, just for clarification.

And yet you kept buying AND leaving positive feedback, all the whil not telling me or trying to get it worked out...........yup that is mysterious.

I am no JJ or Mastermind when it comes to saw building, so it is certainly possible for me to miss something, but I have never sold a saw where I knew there was a problem and I did not mention it in the listing or to the buyer, so you can drop the "undisclosed" stuff. I never hid anything on purpose.

Another to throw on the list is the Super 650 ending a little later today. It's at $860 last time I looked. :msp_confused: That's a good chunk more than I paid for a NOS 750 a few years back. Of course it may happen the buyer changes his mind after its over.

Dan

And the bid history is all private.
Think the seller is bidding up his own saw. :msp_sneaky:
That 650 is a piece of crap and does'nt even run.
So how could it even possibly get close to 860.00.

Lee

And the bid history is all private.
Think the seller is bidding up his own saw. :msp_sneaky:
That 650 is a piece of crap and does'nt even run.
So how could it even possibly get close to 860.00.

Lee

Looks like it ended at an even $1k. Can't imagine anyone in their right mind is seriously considering paying that much. Even for a pristine runner, that's more than twice what makes any sense.

Dan

Well nothing as cool as that big Kanuck you just hauled in but did grab another Homey 2000. :wink2:

lot more going away than driftin in. :cheers:

Merry Christmas to me. That was a big purchase for me. But I'll trade a couple muscle saws for the Canuck, it just isn't something I'm going to come across here anyways. The Super Twin in the one man version was a dream saw for me. Congrats on your big, boxy homelite. :clap:

Homelite 995G on C-list

Just letting anyone interested that I just saw a 995G advertised on Spokane C-list for sale dated 11/30/12. Has a spare parts saw to go with it. Six hundred bucks.
I put this on the Old Giants thread then realized I should have passed this along here. I'm still a rookie at this chainsaw forum business but I enjoy these forums a lot. Sorry I don't know how to post the link here for you.
Still learning...
Will

Stihl 090G on C-list

Had to add this one too. Saw a 090G with long bar with stinger on the end. Think it was about 60" bar. Find it on Vancouver BC C-list for Seven hundred buck.
Wish I could afford it.
Will

Just letting anyone interested that I just saw a 995G advertised on Spokane C-list for sale dated 11/30/12. Has a spare parts saw to go with it. Six hundred bucks.
I put this on the Old Giants thread then realized I should have passed this along here. I'm still a rookie at this chainsaw forum business but I enjoy these forums a lot. Sorry I don't know how to post the link here for you.
Still learning...
Will

That saw belongs to Homelite Jim, a member here.

Back