I saw it on Ebay/Craigslist

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No Ex's here. I have been lucky in the same woman has put up with me for years,

Bill

I am lucky too. It was ex-girlfriend. My first (and only) wife is definately a keeper. I hope she thinks the same about me.

Still no response on the 797. I think a true stalker would be going door to door in Ohio right now. Maybe I should give that a try........ I do have a few off days coming :) I'm sure it is gone, but he should delete the ad.

B200

$25 stihl........

i called about the stihl on cl, new jersey, and was 4th on the list,, so....... who got it???? it wasn't up 1/2 hour when i saw it..........

I am lucky too. It was ex-girlfriend. My first (and only) wife is definately a keeper. I hope she thinks the same about me.

Still no response on the 797. I think a true stalker would be going door to door in Ohio right now. Maybe I should give that a try........ I do have a few off days coming :) I'm sure it is gone, but he should delete the ad.

B200

There is an old saying, "Health is wealth"

If you are in a healthy relationship, that is wealth. As luck would have it, I have a remarkable woman behind me and she sticks with me even when I'm an arse. ;)

056 Mag II $150

It's not often you see a Stihl 056 Mag II with full wrap in central/southern California. I was tempted to go for a drive and check this out, but my dear wife gently reminded me that I don't enjoy working on old stuff (i.e. bikes) any more. Could be a find for someone, though. Looks like it's missing the chainbrake and I'd be worried about coil/ignition problems.

Good hunting!

http://slo.craigslist.org/tls/1173093695.html

If that is on the up and up, it's a killer deal. Even has free Priority Mail shipping and from Alaska to the states that's going to cost him a little extra.

Something just doesn't seem right though. Says there are 3 346's available, 5 of the 357's and 3 385's.......................normally I would be thinking on buying these to resell, but I'm not sure.
The 346 is a hundred under retail and the 357 is a two hundred twenty under retail, not sure about the 385, but that is around what 372's are selling for. Again, if something smells fishy, it usually is.

No actual photos either. I realize a new saw doesn't require photos because it's a new saw in a new box, but still.

I think it's fraud. The seller has changed his feedback profile to "private" right after all the saws sold out....

I think it's fraud. The seller has changed his feedback profile to "private" right after all the saws sold out....

Actually seven of the eleven saws had sold and he pulled the last four off auction, stating that they were no longer available.

I took a chance and ordered one of the 357's, the purchase price is fully covered by PayPal. Worst case scenario is that I have to muddle through the claim process and wait for the refund.

Fishy things:
1. He did change his feedback to private, before that you could see that he had 100% positive feedbacks(203) and his seller ratings were all 5 stars.

2. He pulled the ads on the four remaining saws not even half way through the time durations of the auctions.

Updates to follow I'm sure.

I hope the info for those huskys saw that I posted wasn't for a fraudulent seller. I apologize if it was. Let us know how it works out Moss Man

I took a chance and ordered one of the 357's, the purchase price is fully covered by PayPal. Worst case scenario is that I have to muddle through the claim process and wait for the refund.

Fishy things:
1. He did change his feedback to private, before that you could see that he had 100% positive feedbacks(203) and his seller ratings were all 5 stars.

2. He pulled the ads on the four remaining saws not even half way through the time durations of the auctions.

Updates to follow I'm sure.

As I said earlier, I ordered one of the 357's too. I contacted Ebay last night through CHAT to tell them that something didn't smell right. The rep disappeared for about 4 minutes, then came back and said "please file a dispute with Paypal immediately". I don't know what they uncovered, but I'm not very confident that I'm going to receive a saw.

A lot of accounts with good feedback get hijacked, or sold to unscrupulous scamsters.

I hope that I'm wrong!

http://minneapolis.craigslist.org/grd/1175478746.html

antique chainsaw-runs!! mono lite - $35 (cottage grove)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Reply to: see below
Date: 2009-05-17, 2:17PM CDT

Cool old chainsaw and it RUNS!
Mono Lite
$35 cash
651-592-2273

attachment.php

Back