I saw it on Ebay/Craigslist

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Pretty cool lookin dude

EBAY LINK

My buddy Nick bought that at an estate sale. He tried to sell it me along with a few other saws.

I looked that one over and it was missing parts and the frame appeared bent.

Had the chance to buy it for around 50 bucks but passed.

Was originally listed for over 300 by this seller. I think he may have paid Nick about 100 for it.

maybe a crazy deal! ....maybe not

A LOT of the "to good to be true" deals are either estate sells, or divorce...about three months ago, this one daughter was selling off all of her fathers 090s after he passed...you probably won't believe me but she sold 7 running 090s and a couple boxes of parts for $200.00. I called only minutes after she posted...SOLD. It was almost enough to make a grown man cry :cry:

Todd

And now this one!
Look at the bid history. Might be on the up and up? but it does look sad!
090G that went for a $1000

They make a "buy it now", "best offer" and even a "reserve" option!

This is the 6th item in the past week I have seen or gotten second chance offers on from buyers!

And now this one!
Look at the bid history. Might be on the up and up? but it does look sad!
090G that went for a $1000

They make a "buy it now", "best offer" and even a "reserve" option!

This is the 6th item in the past week I have seen or gotten second chance offers on from buyers!

The High bidder has zero feedback. May be a shill bid.
Thats sometimes the reason for all the second chance offers.

The High bidder has zero feedback. May be a shill bid.
Thats sometimes the reason for all the second chance offers.

I can't prove it is shill, but can atleast say, that when ever I start to see it, I have backed off ever auction! It is hard to back off!!!! But it doesn't seem right to keep bidding!!!!! I have watch 6 auctions like this in the past week-10 days!

This is getting out of hand!
797? auction with odd bidder?
Later gone to a buy it now!
797? relisted as a "buy it now" at $200!
Who ever the second chance offers went to! Hats off! Make them stick to there auction! I can say it since I have had to eat it before!

That was me, said it was re-listed due to non paying bidder. I paid and have a tracking number already. So it better be on the way! I have been back and forth with him on ebay email. Seems to be legit so far.

That was me, said it was re-listed due to non paying bidder. I paid and have a tracking number already. So it better be on the way! I have been back and forth with him on ebay email. Seems to be legit so far.

Your the man!!!! Brain!
I know 2 others who got the second chance offers from him for more then you paid! You did good with that one! And I am glad it is going to you! I have seen your threads and know she will be going SOON!!!!!

It is not the saw or sale, Just the point of EBAYING and the lost art of the auction that is frustrating to some who are hoping for a fair auction! Not just a price setting scheme to see what the market brings! (forcing the hand of bidders to see what they will actually pay!)

Again Brain! You did GREAT at $200 bones!!! Hope you snagged the Bar as well!!!

Your the man!!!! Brain!
I know 2 others who got the second chance offers from him for more then you paid! You did good with that one! And I am glad it is going to you! I have seen your threads and know she will be going SOON!!!!!

It is not the saw or sale, Just the point of EBAYING and the lost art of the auction that is frustrating to some who are hoping for a fair auction! Not just a price setting scheme to see what the market brings! (forcing the hand of bidders to see what they will actually pay!)

Again Brain! You did GREAT at $200 bones!!! Hope you snagged the Bar as well!!!
Thanks Teddy! I did get the bar, couldnt pass that up. Right now I am trying to get a hold of the lady in FT. Myers with13 Stihls. Thats about 2 hrs. from me.

They are just the chains. I got awful exited for a second. Still a good deal just dont need chains at the moment.

My best scores have been from similar!
Go to pick up one saw and they say, "I have this old thing here"
SCORE!

Back