I saw it on Ebay/Craigslist

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
WoW!! needs a touch up!

Actually it's poor Photoshop skills. I'm 99% sure that's not purple paint- check where it "dripped" on the handle for example. I think they wanted to make it look chipped but it's also quite hard to change the color of something as complex as a chainsaw and the result is the patchwork you see.

Nonetheless it is GREAT :clap: !!!

John H.

I bought this 1957 105 cc Terrill today, actually runs but poorly (needs carb kit). I paid $70-, a bit steep but it was too neat big and obscure to pass up.

3nb3ka3o15Z15Q45U4a9q93b56a07b3b218ae.jpg

http://burlington.craigslist.org/grd/1975156008.html

John H.

Nice unit but will have a bit of trouble powering non-govt equipment. The good ole US Army required **** that was different from the norm.
As an antique Vietnam era vet (enlisted during the action, but didn't get there) this is an antique collectors only. Why is it even here? Are y'all now posting anything seen on fleabay/CL? I saw some plumbing equipment, remove the residue.

Stihl 021

Saw this on CL

"Good compression however will not start
Model 021 with 16" blade
Most likely needs something to be rebuilt
Great small engines project"

he wants $100 for it, if it's true is it worth it.
This would be my first attempt at fixing a chainsaw.

Thanks.

he wants $100 for it, if it's true is it worth it?
No, imho, unless I was sure that all it needed was hoses and a carb. kit.
I'd pull the muffler and inspect the piston/cyl. and do a compression check before giving $100.

Last edited:
As an antique Vietnam era vet (enlisted during the action, but didn't get there) this is an antique collectors only. Why is it even here? Are y'all now posting anything seen on fleabay/CL? I saw some plumbing equipment, remove the residue.

I wouldn't call that residue. A number of us are into the old Homelites, such as the XL12/SXL-AO family saws. That generator is related to those saws, and I'm sure I'm not the only guy here who enjoyed seeing it. Same thing if somebody finds and posts a link to an XL100 or other Homelite gas circular saw. It ain't "plumbing equipment" by any stretch. Antique collectors stuff is certainly welcome here. If you don't like to see it then, don't click the link....:givebeer:

Back