I saw it on Ebay/Craigslist

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That still leaves him making $250 for a bar, if it goes for the BIN price.

Yep. He also listed that Homelite bar you posted a pic of (in your 1050 thread) for more money than the last one he sold. Seems to be his M.O...:sucks:

I'm trying (with only limited success) to bite my tongue here. I've made comments about this fellow's bar auctions in this thread before....

Last edited:
Antique Military chainsaw - $600

This is a reed prentice chainsaw made in Worcester ma,built in the early 1940's for the military. But not your typical chain saw. It is a 2 man saw it is Pnuematic runs off of compressed air ,saw is in excellent condition take a look asking 600/ bo saw runs great from what i can tell hooking it up to a small belly compressor

http://nh.craigslist.org/atq/2051402687.html

I don't know much about 2-man or military saws but that looks like a good collectors item, Maybe not worth $600 but a pretty neat saw.

Ok good people, I just called the seller and arranged to pick up (14) of the cases tomorrow. I will figure out what it costs me to find a box (each) and will be happy to ship to folks on AS until I run out of them. First come, first served. $15 per case + actual cost to pack and ship UPS.

I think my wife takes Paypal or something, will advise.

Cheers,

Beowulf

I would be interested in 1 or 2 shipped to 54220.

Thanks a lot!

Stihl Saw Cases

I would be interested in 1 or 2 shipped to 54220.

Thanks a lot!

AS Folks, I picked up my allotment of the new Stihl saw cases this morning. Looks like there are maybe 7 left unspoken for.

Picked up a few cardboard boxes at the UPS store to pack them in (yikes, carboard is more valuable than I thought!)

Will check out the best shipping method that I can reasonably access and will pm the shipped cost to the folks that have asked for one or more.

Any leftovers will end up on e-bay next week.

They look like they will accommodate up to a 20" bar, but have the removable bar scabbard setup. I can set my MS660 in one, but the lid does not close. I think an MS460 would probably fit, and anything smaller should fit, for sure.

Cheers!!!
Beowulf

AS Folks, I picked up my allotment of the new Stihl saw cases this morning. Looks like there are maybe 7 left unspoken for.

Picked up a few cardboard boxes at the UPS store to pack them in (yikes, carboard is more valuable than I thought!)

Will check out the best shipping method that I can reasonably access and will pm the shipped cost to the folks that have asked for one or more.

Any leftovers will end up on e-bay next week.

They look like they will accommodate up to a 20" bar, but have the removable bar scabbard setup. I can set my MS660 in one, but the lid does not close. I think an MS460 would probably fit, and anything smaller should fit, for sure.

Cheers!!!
Beowulf

I guess its probably not a good idea to look a gift horse in the mouth but did he divulge the tail on how he came upon these?

Yep. He also listed that Homelite bar you posted a pic of (in your 1050 thread) for more money than the last one he sold. Seems to be his M.O...:sucks:

I'm trying (with only limited success) to bit my tongue here. I've made comments about this fellow's bar auctions in this thread before....

I have some feelings about that as well, along with his $125 "ported" mufflers that are nothing more than a stock muffler with an extra hole and a $8 deflector bolted on.

I have some feelings about that as well, along with his $125 "ported" mufflers that are nothing more than a stock muffler with an extra hole and a $8 deflector bolted on.

Speaking of J.B. mufflers, I bought an 066 dp cover off him for $38. I got it and not long after I opened the box the "nice paint peeled of to show plenty of rust.

I guess its probably not a good idea to look a gift horse in the mouth but did he divulge the tail on how he came upon these?

When I inquired, the guy said they were abandoned in one of his buildings. I'm guessing someone thought they would make a killing on E-bay, until they found out what it would cost to ship these bad boys...

I will PM the folks that expressed interest in these with shipping quotes, but with the cost of a box and shipping, they are not that cheap.

Cheers,
B

Southern NH- 18 Saws $200-

"I have 18 homeowner chainsaws that do not run. I don't have the time right now to fix them and just want to make some room in the shop. I am offering them forsale as a lot for $200 firm. Some of the saws are Husky 36, Husky 41, Stihl 015 etc."

http://nh.craigslist.org/grd/2097085447.html

John H.

"I have 18 homeowner chainsaws that do not run. I don't have the time right now to fix them and just want to make some room in the shop. I am offering them forsale as a lot for $200 firm. Some of the saws are Husky 36, Husky 41, Stihl 015 etc."

http://nh.craigslist.org/grd/2097085447.html

John H.

i'm gonna pretend I didnt see this :biggrinbounce2:

I'm trying (with only limited success) to bite my tongue here. I've made comments about this fellow's bar auctions in this thread before....

Speaking of J.B. mufflers, I bought an 066 dp cover off him for $38. I got it and not long after I opened the box the "nice paint peeled of to show plenty of rust.

Y'all need to read this: http://www.arboristsite.com/showthread.php?p=2614524#post2614524

This Guy is Definetely P*ssed!

http://boston.craigslist.org/sob/grd/2098649022.html
HUSQVARNA 288 CHAINSAW (QUINCY)
Date: 2010-12-06, 4:20PM EST
Reply to: [email protected] [Errors when replying to ads?]

This is directed to the bottom feeding, crawl out from under the rocks, F-----G pieces of S--T that broke into my truck at Town Fair Tire in Quincy. The only thing I want back is the Husqvarna 288 Chainsaw, you can do what ever with the rest. Get some balls you spinal , no #### scum bag & respond to this ad. I will meet you anywhere and if you kick my ass, forget it all. But if I splatter you brain all over, I want it all back.

My heart goes out to him, but I'm surprised it hasn't been Flagged yet!

Back