I saw it on Ebay/Craigslist

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here you go fellas, looks like something you Mac guys would like. I don't know much about the older saws but this looks like a beast, possibly a geardrive? Maybe a good deal for someone close by. Only thing that scares me is the words "locked up" but may be something simple or maybe good for parts.

Mcculloch Chain Saw

Mcculloch Chain Saw - $50 (Lake Oconee Eatoton,Ga.)
Date: 2011-08-09, 5:29PM EDT
Reply to: [email protected] [Errors when replying to ads?]
I have an old Mcculloch 1-86 chainsaw..It comes with a 20" bar and chain..I was running it one day to show it off and the clutch overheated and locked up on it.50 dollars or best offer..

yep! i bet it was the clutch.:rolleyes2:

Here you go fellas, looks like something you Mac guys would like. I don't know much about the older saws but this looks like a beast, possibly a geardrive? Maybe a good deal for someone close by. Only thing that scares me is the words "locked up" but may be something simple or maybe good for parts. BTW, this is NOT my saw.

Mcculloch Chain Saw

Mcculloch Chain Saw - $50 (Lake Oconee Eatoton,Ga.)
Date: 2011-08-09, 5:29PM EDT
I have an old Mcculloch 1-86 chainsaw..It comes with a 20" bar and chain..I was running it one day to show it off and the clutch overheated and locked up on it.50 dollars or best offer..

Dammit. That goes right into the "I WISH that was local" file.:bang:

Last edited:
Eccentric, I wish it was closer to me, too. I would go check it out due to sheer curiosity. But, its about 2 1/2 hours from my house and I just don't have the spare time right now. :frown:

Here's another old saw for cheap. Looks pretty clean. Not my saw.

A1 Poulan 306A 18'' Chainsaw

A1 Poulan 306A 18'' Chainsaw - $50 (conyers)
Date: 2011-08-11, 3:15PM EDT
Poulan 306A 18'' Chainsaw this saw has alot of power to be as old as it is. i dont want to sell it but i have no use for it, i am a tree man by trade and it is alittle to heavy to use all day everyday. the saw runs great. the only thing it needs is the manual oiler button, which is an easy fix. please callChris at 678-977-5713 or Jay at 678-349-1036

it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests

All right who scored the cherry Poulan 6000 in southern WI. 25 inch bar full wrap one owner. I was second in line. I guess that is what I get for not checkingmy notifier more offten then once every hour.
Bob

Not me. I was first runner up. But I did win Miss Congeniality. :clap:

It hardly looked like it was ever used. I was not near the computer to save the pics. I wish I would have now. The wife just about killed me when I told her I was waiting to hear back from the guy. We are trying to get loaded for baraboo and get straw and hay done too. Have not time for saw chaseing. But now if it was skirt chasin.

Here's another old saw for cheap. Looks pretty clean. Not my saw.

A1 Poulan 306A 18'' Chainsaw

A1 Poulan 306A 18'' Chainsaw - $50 (conyers)
Date: 2011-08-11, 3:15PM EDT
Poulan 306A 18'' Chainsaw this saw has alot of power to be as old as it is. i dont want to sell it but i have no use for it, i am a tree man by trade and it is alittle to heavy to use all day everyday. the saw runs great. the only thing it needs is the manual oiler button, which is an easy fix. please callChris at 678-977-5713 or Jay at 678-349-1036

it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests

Add that one to "the list" too....:msp_sad:

Homelite super 2 chainsaw

Homelite super 2 chainsaw - $50 (Gilbertsville, Pa.)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Date: 2011-08-11, 5:52PM EDT
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Homelite super 2 chainsaw. Ran good before recoil broke. (maybe an easy fix?). New 14" bar ,extra chain and sheath. $60.00 obo. Call John @ 484-645-0505

Latest posts

Back