I saw it on Ebay/Craigslist

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Soo, if I paint my PM610 black I could call it a Super Black Max!! I hear the supers are bringing double compared to the regular.

What joke, I would be embarrassed to own one.

Isn't this a member from here?

I liked the 610 I had even though I sold it as other saws showed up.

I kind of like what he did to it. It looks nice. Not sure of the value in it though but if someone has the money they will buy it.

Great thing on ebay is marketing can go a long way for som things.

Lot of people have fondness for the PM610 as many people owned them and now a guy comes across one with fond memories of it then bang they buy it.

A lot of stuff from the 80s sells well now days as people are trying to reclaim something from the past.

It is just that around here most have a more refined search for something a little bigger,faster and lighter:hmm3grin2orange:

Last edited:
Isn't this a member from here?

I liked the 610 I had even thoguh I sold it as other saws showed up.

I kind of like what he did to it. It looks nice. Not sure of the value in it though but if someone has the money they will buy it.

Great thing on ebay is marketing can go a long way for soem things.

Lot of people have fondness for the PM610 as many people owned them and now a guy comes across one with fond memories of it then bang they buy it.

A lot fo stuff from the 80s sell well no days as people are trying to reclaim something from the past.

It is just that around here most have a more refined search for something a little bigger,faster and lighter:hmm3grin2orange:

the joke isn't the seller, he is making alot of money on those that will bid on stuff like this. the joke is the people that will buy it. i would much rather buy a saw that the seller puts the work into letting the bidders know the compression, condition of bar and chain, clutch, AV mounts, etc. people are buying these saws from this guy because they are painted up pretty. they'll be dirty the first 5 minutes of use and the coil could quit the next day or compression could be low enough to tell that it doesn't cut as good as an old dirty one they could by at the flea market for $25. so, props to the seller. he has figured out how to market to those select people that buy that kind of stuff. seriously, i probably could sell a Super Black Max and make alot of money.

4 saws

4 Stihl saws +extras

I have called this guy a couple of times. He doesn't really know what his saws are except the 044, but he really expects to get $700 for all of them. He siad "they all ran last year".

I offered him $450 for all 4 sight unseen, but he wouldn't take it. Ad has been on CL since January.

I don't need the saws bad enough to deal with him, the 1 hour drive, or the clean up and re-sell of the saws I don't want (all but the 044).

the joke isn't the seller, he is making alot of money on those that will bid on stuff like this. the joke is the people that will buy it. i would much rather buy a saw that the seller puts the work into letting the bidders know the compression, condition of bar and chain, clutch, AV mounts, etc. people are buying these saws from this guy because they are painted up pretty. they'll be dirty the first 5 minutes of use and the coil could quit the next day or compression could be low enough to tell that it doesn't cut as good as an old dirty one they could by at the flea market for $25. so, props to the seller. he has figured out how to market to those select people that buy that kind of stuff. seriously, i probably could sell a Super Black Max and make alot of money.

Did you watch the video:msp_ohmy:he is lucky he didn't cut his head in half:msp_unsure:

I am not so sure I would have posted cutting like that. Just didn't look like it was cutting that fast.

He is all about marketing for sure.

Did you watch the video:msp_ohmy:he is lucky he didn't cut his head in half:msp_unsure:

I am not so sure I would have posted cutting like that. Just didn't look like it was cutting that fast.

He is all about marketing for sure.

yeah i watched the video. that is dangerous! that chain could use a sharpening.

yeah i watched the video. that is dangerous! that chain could use a sharpening.

It was sad, is what it was. And somebody bought that pile of crap. If I had a saw that wouldn't cut any better than that, you sure wouldn't be seeing a video.

It was actually cutting so fast it was putting out clumps instead of saw chips????:rock:

It was sad, is what it was. And somebody bought that pile of crap. If I had a saw that wouldn't cut any better than that, you sure wouldn't be seeing a video.

It was actually cutting so fast it was putting out clumps instead of saw chips????:rock:

But it is aggressive in the hardcut. That has to be worth a little extra, right?

Apparently about $300, yeah.

It always comes down to the old hardcut vs. softcut performance.:msp_confused:

You all got my curiosity up so I finally watched it too. Man, that black max sure covered him up with sawdust. Wow. I need one.
Too bad only the few special 610's will make it to the top.

I honestly have to applaud John for putting it out there. But I hope he doesn't hurt himself...

I laughed so hard I actually almost gagged on that last swallow of beer!

Looking for Mac 605/610/650/eager beavers or beaver eaters... there worth $300 a piece!! Anybody help me out here??:msp_tongue:

I'll sell you one for only $200. I can pour some black paint on it for a few $'s more.

025 with broken top handle for $85. has seen alot of use. what you guys think

224358d1329450959-025-jpg

Last edited:
Looking for Mac 605/610/650/eager beavers or beaver eaters... there worth $300 a piece!! Anybody help me out here??:msp_tongue:

A coupla HOT, BLACK beaver-eaters on the way...

I still have your address, so don't you worry about pming, emailing, or texting it to me :hmm3grin2orange:

025 with broken top handle for $85. has seen alot of use. what you guys think

224358d1329450959-025-jpg

I don't think thats too bad. A used top handle for that is cheap and an easy fix.
I have a 025 that looks just like that, it was my first saw. For a low-medium use saw for small diameter firewood I think it's a good option.

Here's my edit: If it has low compression, does not oil or has any major broken plastic, No its not a good deal.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back