I saw it on Ebay/Craigslist

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Many of us predicted that this sort of stupidity was going to happen. The 'Honda starter' S-797 was bid up to $400 as of late last night...

The vintage motorcycle stuff is getting insane as well. I've been trying to get some BSA 650cc engine parts lately and the prices have gone through the roof. The live auctions are especially bad.

The vintage motorcycle stuff is getting insane as well. I've been trying to get some BSA 650cc engine parts lately and the prices have gone through the roof. The live auctions are especially bad.

You're even worse off there Jacob. The 'vintage' bike market is years ahead of the saw market. We're 'catching up' fast however...:bang:

Many of us predicted that this sort of stupidity was going to happen. The 'Honda starter' S-797 was bid up to $400 as of late last night...

There was a Solo 603 on the bay that I was watching hard, and I had all the parts to fix it. It still sold for over $400. I thought I might be able to pick up that 152 in the $500 range, but that's not happening. I'm out....

A sweet old 125C.

Not so sure about the 125C being the rarest - they are quite common out here in Australia. I have found far fewer SP125's as opposed to the SP125C machines. Even fewer CP125's and 797's.

Chris.

That thing looks to be in fairly good shape and they are wonderful saws that are getting rarer, but in my own personal opinion that price is crazy nuts insane. Just a few weeks ago there were several 125c's selling for $400-550 in about that same shape.

Now all the sudden these suckers are going for 750-1000 dollars in cosmetically beat up shape and then theres that one on ebay with a cheap looking spray paint job for $1800. :dizzy:

I just got one, runs with fuel squirted in the carb, havent even bothered to fuel it yet, but it looks like that one pictured there, and i paid $500 for it but it came with 13 other saws.

That thing looks to be in fairly good shape and they are wonderful saws that are getting rarer, but in my own personal opinion that price is crazy nuts insane. Just a few weeks ago there were several 125c's selling for $400-550 in about that same shape.

Now all the sudden these suckers are going for 750-1000 dollars in cosmetically beat up shape and then theres that one on ebay with a cheap looking spray paint job for $1800. :dizzy:

I just got one, runs with fuel squirted in the carb, havent even bothered to fuel it yet, but it looks like that one pictured there, and i paid $500 for it but it came with 13 other saws.

Yes - prices do vary for things. The age old saying that something is only worth what someone is willing to pay for it is my best answer for discussions regarding a particular items value.

Chris.

Latest posts

Back