I saw it on Ebay/Craigslist

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Could Anyone Use a New Chainsaw or a Hundred and Eighty?

Note to site moderator: I reviewed the guidelines and and couldn't confirm if I wasn't aloud to post a link here of this lot of chainsaws for sale. I have nothing to do with the ownership or sale of these saws, just stumbled across them on another website and thought it looked interesting.

Antique Chainsaw Collection over 180 saws Sooke, Victoria

Please advise if I made a boo-boo.:msp_ohmy:

tumblr_luigq6wlgW1qfy24mo1_500.jpg

That collection was advertised on the header page of Acres' chainsaw site a while ago. Just about impossible to find a buyer for a whole collection like that. There's some great stuff to be sure............but some so-so saws that aren't desirable too.

Back to the saws....

I think an entire collection is very difficult to sell because most people that have a collection, create it as a hobby, not that they set out to have one from someone else. People will pay good money to fill a gap in a collection and the seller would be better served to piece it out even though it would be lot of work. Many items are worth more in a group than individually but I don't think that would apply here. For instance the Contra, 070 and 090 are all desirable saws and I'm sure that there are people looking for each of those but not sure how many people are looking to buy all three of those at once, let alone the hundred other cousins of it... Wish them the best.

Latest posts

Back