I saw it on Ebay/Craigslist

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nice bar for sure... what he should have said is: This saw has been converted to electronic ignition because I can't fix the points and because I bored it .040 over, I removed the chrome lining and never paid to have it re-chromed or he would have mentioned it.... wouldn't he.:msp_mad:

If you look at the d-comp, its in the right place for the SP125, the CP uses a different d-comp and did have a cylinder that could be bored. I'm betting that most SP125s didn't have the iron cylinder, at least the dozen or so I've owned didn't. Either way, I wouldn't touch that saw..... but it sure has a purdy paint job.:msp_wink:

Bow bar for 044

There's a new bow bar and chain for Stihl 044 in my local paper for $50. If anybody wants it let me know and I'll send the info.
I don't want to post the guy's number for the googlebot.

Nice bar for sure... what he should have said is: This saw has been converted to electronic ignition because I can't fix the points and because I bored it .040 over, I removed the chrome lining and never paid to have it re-chromed or he would have mentioned it.... wouldn't he.:msp_mad:

If you look at the d-comp, its in the right place for the SP125, the CP uses a different d-comp and did have a cylinder that could be bored. I'm betting that most SP125s didn't have the iron cylinder, at least the dozen or so I've owned didn't. Either way, I wouldn't touch that saw..... but it sure has a purdy paint job.:msp_wink:

I'm with you on that one, I wouldnt touch it with a 10ft pole.

It aint even pretty if you zoom in close to it. Looks like a Krylon rust coat spray bomb job if you ask me.

That picture of the flywheel tells alot, dirty, frayed bare wire coming from the ign module etc.

Am I the only one that thinks the yellow on that 125 is way off?:confused: I am by no means a Mac expert, but that thing looks like it has Cat yellow paint on it.:dizzy:

Am I the only one that thinks the yellow on that 125 is way off?:confused: I am by no means a Mac expert, but that thing looks like it has Cat yellow paint on it.:dizzy:

should look just like this one. :hmm3grin2orange:

12-5mac005.jpg

An Ole Husky for your collection....

I use to have a 298xp with a 32'' carlton bar....loved it!! It was a beast and sounded it too! I just came acrossed this...its not a 298, but its very close. Its a 285cd...no pic tho!:msp_angry: Im tryn to put a value on it...but cant. I sold my 298xp last year for around $500, thats all I have to compare it too. Your thoughts?

husqvarna '285' chainsaw

I use to have a 298xp with a 32'' carlton bar....loved it!! It was a beast and sounded it too! I just came acrossed this...its not a 298, but its very close. Its a 285cd...no pic tho!:msp_angry: Im tryn to put a value on it...but cant. I sold my 298xp last year for around $500, thats all I have to compare it too. Your thoughts?

husqvarna '285' chainsaw

The 285 is good old school muscle, but like its big bro the 2100 most of it is NLA. Mufflers, plastic, air filters, all hard to come by.
You could probably pick up a nice 2100 for 5 bills. Same parts issues, but a whole lot more bang for your buck. In the end it's all about how much you want it and how much money you have to spend. I've always thought things are only worth what you are willing to pay for them, and people have told me I spent too much. Upside of that is the things I have are the things I want so "spending too much" never bothered me.

husqvarna '285' chainsaw

Sounds nice, but I would take that 60" bar part with a grain of salt.

husqvarna '285' chainsaw

The listing mentions some spare parts (new?) such as a sprocket, an AF, & a clutch cover w/ CB. Those might make the asking price of $400.00 a little more palatable.

I copied this CL link about 15 minutes ago, & now I can't remember what's in the listing :msp_ohmy:; I'm guessing it's the climbing gear with a Stihl pole saw & a couple of Stihl chainsaws. I'm not a Stihl person, can't ID the saws in the photos.

Tree cutters deal

Thanks to the preview function, yes, that's the listing.

I copied this CL link about 15 minutes ago, & now I can't remember what's in the listing :msp_ohmy:; I'm guessing it's the climbing gear with a Stihl pole saw & a couple of Stihl chainsaws. I'm not a Stihl person, can't ID the saws in the photos.

Tree cutters deal

Thanks to the preview function, yes, that's the listing.

Make shure the 'security lock' goes with it. Looks to be some 3/8" galvanised wire rope. Not something your average bolt cutter could touch.:msp_thumbup:

Latest posts

Back