I saw it on Ebay/Craigslist

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Other side of the coin:

I don't post my number. Too many flakes and trolls out there (no offense Niko!). If they respond to my posting I give them general information and ask for a phone number to discuss the item, answer questions, or to set something up.

If I don't get a phone number, it does not go any farther. Their number first and speaking to them on the phone works as a screening tool for me. Gives me a small amount of control as the seller.

If I get lots of responses, I am not swamped with phone calls, even days later, from guys who print the ad but don't call right away.

Philbert

same here. seems to the best method. most email responses are just bs

The latest, redesigned version:

" New features include a redesigned chain clamping system, self centering chain vise, self compensating pivot adjustment, easy chain advancement wheels and a
torsion spring. All controls and adjustments allow you to match virtually any grinding angle you want. "

Much real/functional difference between said features on the newest version, and this one in the listing...?? Does this older unit lack ALL of the above-mentioned features, or just some? Whether all, or some, is it substantially more difficult to use, or just a matter of convenience/speed?

Thanks.

Last edited:

" New features include a redesigned chain clamping system, self centering chain vise, self compensating pivot adjustment, easy chain advancement wheels and a
torsion spring. All controls and adjustments allow you to match virtually any grinding angle you want. "

Much real/functional difference between said features on the newest version, and this one in the listing...?? Does this older unit lack ALL of the above-mentioned features, or just some? Whether all, or some, is it substantially more difficult to use, or just a matter of convenience/speed?

Thanks.

I've never used a new one, that looks the same as my old 511. I have heard the self centering vise is worth having, but you can buy it and retrofit it to an older machine.

Originally Posted by RenaisSAWnceMan

Thanks.

I've never used a new one, that looks the same as my old 511. I have heard the self centering vise is worth having, but you can buy it and retrofit it to an older machine.

Yes, thanks.....I had certainly considered that option, but one never knows how much a mfgr. will gouge for parts/upgrades.... I did go down and grab it today....and, while I was there, had to make a deal on the nice H-D Baldor buffer unit....;) - Love the smell of heavy American steel in the morning.

We still got Twinkies in Canada. Maybe I should trade for saws.

:monkey:

Back