I saw it on Ebay/Craigslist

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just made a road trip and picked up these. Yup, I own my first Wild Thing but that is a 4400 in the background.

3- poulan chains trade????????

3Poulanchainstrade_zps10eccb83.jpg

I wasn't asleep, but that's still a long ways from me. Glad you got it though, 4400's are nice saws.

Supersplit Logsplitter 6hp Honda - $1000 (Vernon CT)

a bit pricey in my mind

Supersplit Logsplitter 6hp Honda

Older super split splitter, early '90s made in Woburn Mass , mechanical type: not hydraulic. Uses huge flywheels, very efficient and fast splitting. Cycle time is 2.5 seconds.
Motor is a very recent 6hp Honda: like new. Splitter needs a pinion gear as some teeth are damaged. The part from Supersplit costs $109. Fiberglass shroud cover for flywheels has long been missing. We bought a wood boiler and no longer need this we don't split much anymore, just throw the big chunks in. Could use paint, flywheels bearing and cam plate mechanism are perfect. This costs $2600 new today,check their web sight.
Price is firm, cash, no trades.

Ah Ha. My old neck of the woods. Lived for quite a while in Ellington.

Mount Vernon Ohio Stihl 440 with 460 top end. 24" bar and two chains and original 440 top end with piston how's with...... $250

Go get it boys!

not a terrible deal if they in fact do have good compression. You could probably fix them all and sell 3-4 to recoup the investment and keep a couple for free. I would be sure of the cylinder condition on all though and make sure the saws have good bottom ends. If the crank has any lateral movement when you try to move it you'll be needing a complete rebuild from the ground up. Don't be afraid to take the bars off and inspect the power heads extensively. And while he's right the 660 might cost 1000-1200 new. they sell for 600-750 on ebay pretty regularly. In iowa I can expect the following prices roughly if everything is inspected and gone through. All depending on cosmetic condition too...

046/460 = $450-$550
066/660 = $600-$750

Last edited:
Maybe it's a deal but you are still buying work.It's a deal if you can take 'em out and use them.Guy says he can fix them if you want to pay,that means he don't want to.The older I get the better "turn key" looks.

Latest posts

Back