I saw it on Ebay/Craigslist

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The Jackwads deliberately doing word-search contamination just irk me.
and those ass-clowns that put a "dictionary dump" of about 400 words in the ad
Should always have their details entered into something that known mass spammers
will harvest, as karmic payback.
- -
Oh yeah! leaf blower hovercrafts.
Sorta forgot about those from lack of a nearby spot to run one
(no big parking lots empty around here on Sun afternoon these days.)
This site has several cool looking ideas for all you folks with a few spare power tools.

If you ever just wanted to be that Uncle or Grandpa that all the family talks about.....
David Moises - Werschau
.... then This guy's got a few helpful ideas here.

494 miles away. It with be tempting if it actually had a hit and miss on it

Bill

Not worth driving across the street to get it. It is a buzz saw the amish use to cut slabs into fire wood. Chainsaws are the reason they stopped making these. And with a really long bar you can cut a whole pile of slab wood at one time. Beats cutting one piece at a time.

Can anyone ID the vintage magnesium here? $25 each....

Vintage chain saws

I would be like a kid in a candy store.

I see some rough looking Homelite E-Z/Super E-Z saws, two Poulan countervibes that are probably both 3400's (one may be a 3800), a nice looking RH start McCulloch 10-10 variant, a little Frontier/Quadra built Skill tophandle (such as a 944 T1), a Roper/Sears saw, and what looks to be a Homelite 450/550 and a 650/750. Most of what's there isn't very exciting, but those last two make the trip worth while. Go get 'em Tiger!

You must live in an area where older large chainsaws for sale cheap are common. That's certainly not the case in/around Houston.

The 2 poulan countervibes are certainly worth $25 apiece, too.

I'd try to get the two Poulans & two large Homelites for $80.00, but would gladly pay the $100.00.

Can anyone ID the vintage magnesium here? $25 each....

Vintage chain saws

Spoke to owner again this morning (he was away from the saws yesterday). The Poulans are 3400's and the Homies are 360's, no big saws. He commented that one of the 360's was marked "Pro" but it was small for a professional saw. I had hopes of a 550+ and have a jockey friend from Lexinton who is currently at Saratoga who could have grabbed them.

Last edited:
The Jackwads deliberately doing word-search contamination just irk me.
and those ass-clowns that put a "dictionary dump" of about 400 words in the ad
Should always have their details entered into something that known mass spammers
will harvest, as karmic payback.
- -
Oh yeah! leaf blower hovercrafts.
Sorta forgot about those from lack of a nearby spot to run one
(no big parking lots empty around here on Sun afternoon these days.)
This site has several cool looking ideas for all you folks with a few spare power tools.

If you ever just wanted to be that Uncle or Grandpa that all the family talks about.....
David Moises - Werschau
.... then This guy's got a few helpful ideas here.

I thought about making one, a hovercraft, because I maintain at an airport and could blast up and down the runway...then I thought about it and went, WTF do I need to joyride for? Already have enough junk to drive around in as it is, and mostly I like walking.... Can't afford flying lessons and a plane, (lessons are more than one year's pay for me, a cheap used plane is like 5-20 years pay, then it costs serious money just to own one, all the rules/insurance/maintenance plus flight costs......) so I just play makebelieve this is a real straight lawn to mow and ignore all the machinery.

Rich guys joyriding toys. I ain't rich (in green paper).

Spoke to owner again this morning (he was away from the saws yesterday). The Poulans are 3400'sand the Homies are 360's, no big saws. He commented that one of the 360's was marked "Pro" but it was small for a professional saw. I had hopes of a 550+ and have a jockey friend from Lexinton who is currently at Saratoga who could have grabbed them.

That's weird. From what I saw in the pic (on my phone) I thought those were larger than 350/360 saws. Oh well...

You must live in an area where older large chainsaws for sale cheap are common. That's certainly not the case in/around Houston.

I think you misunderstood my post. I had stated that the two larger Homelites (that unfortunately turned out to just be 360's) made the trip worth while. Even told him to "go get 'em tiger!".

The only other 'large-ish' saw in the group was the Craftsman/David Bradley...............and I think that's only 70 or 77cc. Those very common here and not worth a drive. The Poulans and the Mac would be worth it if the drive isn't too long. Same with those 360's. None of those are 'large' saws (only 54-61cc)...

Last edited:
I find this to be almost an unbelievable deal...............:dizzy:
John Deere 50V chain saw

I just bought the 70 in the middle of the picture Thursday from the original owner for $25.00. It runs, but both bar studs came out when I took the clutch cover off...:(

Echo900EVL8_zpsd02a074a.jpg

Spoke to owner again this morning (he was away from the saws yesterday). The Poulans are 3400's and the Homies are 360's, no big saws. He commented that one of the 360's was marked "Pro" but it was small for a professional saw. I had hopes of a 550+ and have a jockey friend from Lexinton who is currently at Saratoga who could have grabbed them.

Thanks for the good info Guido.

My office isnt too far from Wilton, but certainly not next door. I might be able to pop up there sometime next week and check 'em out, but I dont really need any more saws (I know, I know......). I would have been tempted based on the keen eyes of others here, but without some major cubes...I dunno....

Thanks for the good info Guido.

My office isnt too far from Wilton, but certainly not next door. I might be able to pop up there sometime next week and check 'em out, but I dont really need any more saws (I know, I know......). I would have been tempted based on the keen eyes of others here, but without some major cubes...I dunno....

The seller's name is Chad. I think I would take a chance on being able to bring home the whole lot on the cheap. If there is a big one in there I get first choice! :hmm3grin2orange:

Latest posts

Back