I saw it on Ebay/Craigslist

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So what is a fair price? not many on CL or Ebay to compare with.

That saw has been advertised for a while, his price is considerably higher than what I have been paying.

How much would you pay?

So, I went and started it and it starts nice with great compression, power and sound. It has an 18 inch and 24 inch bar with 4 chains. it is quite low hour saw. How much should I offer. Personally I do not need it but my BIL would like a stout saw. Comes with 2 air cleaners and the manuals. Is 175 too much?
ted

How much would you pay?

So, I went and started it and it starts nice with great compression, power and sound. It has an 18 inch and 24 inch bar with 4 chains. it is quite low hour saw. How much should I offer. Personally I do not need it but my BIL would like a stout saw. Comes with 2 air cleaners and the manuals. Is 175 too much?
ted

Since air filters are NLA and you are getting two, and bars and chains, it is a good deal. But only if it's the saw you want. If you want it it's worth however much you are willing to pay. Everybody has something they paid less for than someone else, but that is the way of the world. If you would rather have a Poulan 3400 counter-vibe there is one to be had for a little further south for the cost of 3 loops of 84dl LGX chain.

Since air filters are NLA and you are getting two, and bars and chains, it is a good deal. But only if it's the saw you want. If you want it it's worth however much you are willing to pay. Everybody has something they paid less for than someone else, but that is the way of the world. If you would rather have a Poulan 3400 counter-vibe there is one to be had for a little further south for the cost of 3 loops of 84dl LGX chain.

Thanks for the information. I did not know about the filters. I plan to buy for my BIL and if he does not want it I will keep it and give a jonsered 630 with Chain brake for the price that I pay for the Poulan. It sounds really good and I like the full wrap handle as well.

Thanks again.

1948 IEL Chainsaw Fully Functional - $1 (Olympia WA)

1948 IEL Chainsaw Fully Functional

This is a vintage saw from 1948 made in Vancouver BC by IEL and was made to be ran by 2 people. It has lever near trigger which allows it to rotate 90 degrees each way and a lever to change cut speeds with 3 settings. All original and must be seen to appreciat how cool it is. Listing for $450 but Im taking offers for my dad but he wont sell it unless it makes sense so dont low ball. If you are a collector or know a collector then this is for you and am posting video from Youtune.

YouTube

video of saw running
YouTube

That's an IEL AB.... very cool saw, but seller is asking 2X's what they go for.
Model Profile: AB "PIONEER"

If I had he time, this would be mine.

Poulan Pro 330 Chainsaw, 20" bar

You can get a rebadged Craftsman version for less $$.
Of course now some folks are going post that the PP330 was never exactly offered as a Craftsman :buttkick: ;) :laugh:.

==============================================

You tell me. A "...never been used!!" Husqvarna with an illegible (to my :Eye: :Eye:) label on the clutch cover.

Chainsaw

You can get a rebadged Craftsman version for less $$.
Of course now some folks are going post that the PP330 was never exactly offered as a Craftsman :buttkick: ;) :laugh:.

It wasn't. The Craftsman versions were all very different from the 330/380/3450/3750 saws. Different crankcase. Different muffler. Different top cover/AF setup. Different (smaller) intake boot and carburetor. Different cylinders and porting. Some of the Craftsman versions had chromed pistons/bare bores too.

Last edited:
Good Condition PM1000 semi local to me for 300.00 I will be heading through there.

Not sure if there is interest but the price seems to be negotiable.
McCulloch PM1000

McCulloch PM1000 - $300

image 1image 2image 3
McCulloch PM1000 for sale. Saw is a large professional logging or milling chainsaw. Saw is 100cc with a 26" bar and chain. Saw starts and runs, ready to cut wood.

Latest posts

Back