I saw it on Ebay/Craigslist

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No wonder the company closed down due to economy... They were buying saws like that to cut pallets with. :chainsaw:

Sent from my C811 4G using Tapatalk

I had the same thought. Smells like a 'brother in law deal' with the fellow in charge of purchaceing.

At out manufacturing plant, the service dept. always went with Mobil lubricants. Guess who paid for the boss and his cronys to go trout fishing for a week at Tanycomo.

He lis
That guy is sure coming up with some clean saws. Not sure were he is finding them but
called me up trying to buy some and I live a few hundred miles away.
Listed the saw as a Buy it Now deal and I bought it... for a buck. He then promptly canceled the transaction, refunded my $1 and relisted the saw. Say's he made a mistake in listing... Now I'm not a bad guy in any way, but if it was listed that way, why doesn't he have to honor the deal?

He lis

Listed the saw as a Buy it Now deal and I bought it... for a buck. He then promptly canceled the transaction, refunded my $1 and relisted the saw. Say's he made a mistake in listing... Now I'm not a bad guy in any way, but if it was listed that way, why doesn't he have to honor the deal?
That's what i would think. There are review options before submitting the listing i would believe. You could maybe dispute it with eBay, but since he refunded and all that, not sure where you would stand. Damn fine deal if it had worked. I saw that and it bout made me choke. I had been on there not 20-30 min earlier... Maybe less.

That's what i would think. There are review options before submitting the listing i would believe. You could maybe dispute it with eBay, but since he refunded and all that, not sure where you would stand. Damn fine deal if it had worked. I saw that and it bout made me choke. I had been on there not 20-30 min earlier... Maybe less.

There are plenty of review options, not my fault he didn't use them.

well I looked at his stuff about payment and he sounds like a @$$ if was me it happened to he would get a bad rating

I honestly think it was a mistake.it does happen no body would sell that saw for a dollar. I am sorry you didn't get it, but definitely leave a bad report

Three years ago someone sold 9 090's, two new ones in that group for $250... they were listed and paid for, end of transaction.

no integrity is an issue for me. Mistake, sure.. I forgive you. Break the rules at someone else's expense and then not expect to receive negative feedback.. your in lala land.

i won a auction in dec a guy from ny was selling a 191 had a reserve on it of 99 so I bid 100 won auction and paid as soon as auction was over waited almost 2 weeks no saw and no response when started messaging him through ebay had to turn to ebay and paypal to get my money back I went through his feedback a month later and saw he had sold the saw to another for same price his excuse was I didn't have a confirmed address which was bs was never a tracking number gave to me if I coulda got my hands around his neck for the lies and the bs he woulda remembered me

There are plenty of review options, not my fault he didn't use them.

A few years back I made a mistake in a listing and sold a super 650 for 25 dollars. Fortunately it was a
friend , Lance ( angry beavers ), who hit the button and knew it was a mistake. He left a feedback about getting the best deal ever from me. :laugh:

I relisted and I think Lee ended up with that one.

Now if I am doing multiple listings I try to review each before going to next item. Its easy to forget to change the format from buy now to auction.

It's a small world these days so best to learn and move on. ;)

I normally don't have a problem with sellers... this one canceled the transaction, refunded my money and re listed the saw. Should have sent me a cancellation request admitting the mistake. Two days later he admits the mistake and gives a BS story about how he borrowed the money from his MIL and has kids to feed... he sells lots of saws.

Then tells me if I leave negative feedback that I'll be looked down on.... got a big butt he can kiss!

I normally don't have a problem with sellers... this one canceled the transaction, refunded my money and re listed the saw. Should have sent me a cancellation request admitting the mistake. Two days later he admits the mistake and gives a BS story about how he borrowed the money from his MIL and has kids to feed... he sells lots of saws.

Then tells me if I leave negative feedback that I'll be looked down on.... got a big butt he can kiss!

He SHOULD have done a lot of things, like being humble, immediately falling on the sword, and maybe trying a little begging, if he really did NEED the money. However, he went the opposite way, showed he has no class, no balls, plenty of arrogance, and his word isn't worth a damn, which more than anything kills it for me. I think since 1998 I've only negatived two a--holes, but if I was you, it would now be three!!

Ah 10-4, sounds like he took the low road with not contacting you up front. I watched a few of his saws bring some huge coin so by the time he called me I already knew he had saw seller fever. Just buy em and flip em. He wanted to buy all my saws till I told him to bring 3 semi trailers and a lot of cash. :laugh:

Latest posts

Back