I saw it on Ebay/Craigslist

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
wow... so many bumps... ok... um... lemme just add a few things. #1, I'm doing this for fun, but I want to make back my investment, not profit. as far as I can see, it is impossible to make profit on these saws. #2 ... because I'm not going for profit, I don't have to jury rig things. If I'm missing a screw, and it costs $2 ... I buy the screw ... even if it would totally throw profit margins right out the window. #3 ... these do have some aftermarket parts ... it is also impossible to completely stick to OEM w/o me throwing good money after bad. #4... look at all the other saws on ebay (the most "convenient" place to buy things. ... none of them are as nice, at any price, nor can you find THREE in the same place w/o spending hours searching for one that was made w/ care.
#5 ... most of the saws I see have "off orange" parts .... a patchwork quilt of husky orange... to me this is no good and doesn't make for clean saws. I make sure to as closely as possible color match parts. the old parts that are off color I keep for saws i'll use for cutting stumps or whatever. even so, these aren't pristine saws....wish they were ... but they are very nice examples of saws on the brink of the trash heap being given new life for (hopefully) an extended time period. thanks all for looking at them and given your consideration. I think they are worth every bit of $250 each and I expect to get as much otherwise I'm keeping them. someone will want all three (or 4) in one swoop and they'll be getting quite a deal. so far I'm easily out 1000-1200 in parts ... so I don't think expecting a fair price which doesn't incorporate my time at all is out of the question. again, thanks for your consideration and have a great day guys
-Matt

well, I just posted my CL link because it had all the photos on it and I didn't want to rewrite the description... and the ebay link was simply an example of another (single) rebuild saw... I dunno why it was moved either ... would be nice if the thread went back to the trading post if you ask me....

Just repost it in the trading post and type or copy and paste the description. And if you post it again people don't have to read threw people bashing your price. That is common thing around here on AS and it is BS. Like DSS said if you don't like the price, move on...

the market always determines price... I get it. I really only have ebay to go on as far as what has been bought and sold recently and as far as I can tell, these are pretty nice for reasonable money. just look at the gas caps on most saws that are for sale.... most caps are broken/snapped. mine are new. most saws sold have old bars on them.... mine are new. many people selling saws are doing it for profit... I don't have that constraint, so I can spend as much time as I wanted on the saws and make sure they are as good as reasonably possible.... I put lockwashers and locktite on the mounting bolts for the mufflers... usually they fall off and mess up the chassis otherwise. bolts are greased, gaskets replaced, etc etc. hopefully the market recognizes the work and I get my money back, that's all I'm lookin for :)

Who is this market character anyway? Seems if I am interested in something at an auction that joker is always there to run the price up on me. Guys an real a-hole.

$14,000 buy it now!
http://www.ebay.com/itm/NOS-STIHL-0...376353634?pt=US_Chainsaws&hash=item1c42982d62
mY9SuHUnRzM0IyW8a-GWz3w.jpg

Back