I saw it on Ebay/Craigslist

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
westcoaster90, you got some winners in that one... There's a guy in the bellingham craigslist asking $250 for a Husky 65

Not a 'For Sale' post, but one of those YAHOO, sponsored 'click-bait' posts, where the title has no connection to the content:

Screen shot 2015-10-28 at 1.32.56 PM.png
"An underpowered chainsaw and a tree that simply would not give up – sounds like the making for some sort of disaster waiting to happen. Thankfully, in this case, the results were rather harmless. In this video, a man somehow managed to pull a tree down but didn’t think to check if the roots were still intact. Adding insult to injury, he takes what looks like a Stihl 30.2 cc 2-Cycle MS 170 Chainsaw to do a job meant for a Husqvarna 455 Rancher. Of course, the MS 170 is a very affordable chainsaw – available at all the major hardware supply stores. It’s great for shrubbery and saplings, not full sized trees – and that was this guy’s first mistake."

Writer goes on to show that he does not know what 'pitch' or 'gauge' means, and that he(?) has no knowledge or experience with chainsaws or tree cutting. The 'Horrible Ending'? The tree slowly stood back up as weight was taken off the trunk.

Philbert

This 261C just showed up yesterday at a local pawn shop for $250.

View attachment 456976
Way better deal than any of the pawn shops around here. One has an MS362C listed at $999. I realize we're in Canada and it's more expensive here but not that expensive...

I don't think there is anyway I would have walked out without that saw.

Sent from my SGH-I317M using Tapatalk

Way better deal than any of the pawn shops around here. One has an MS362C listed at $999. I realize we're in Canada and it's more expensive here but not that expensive...

I don't think there is anyway I would have walked out without that saw.

Sent from my SGH-I317M using Tapatalk
I may have seen that too. Wonder if we're in the same city.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

Back