I suck. Free Silvey

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AKDoug

Pro Staff
Reaction score
I'm down and out today with a chest cold. I can't stand being cooped up in the house so I hid in the shop today. Fixed a few saws, generally farted around. Along comes one of my buddies with a box to give me. Inside is a well worn but serviceable Silvey RS II :D He says "no charge". I've had fun getting it going today and making a parts list for Madsen's once my voice comes back. Not a bad day :rock:

BTW... that wheel is as bad as it looks. I redressed it after this photo once I figured out how the whole thing worked.

Nice score hope your chest cold gets better soon:)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

l want friends like yours, my friends suck! They would not know what a Silvey was.....probably think its the name of a grey horse.lol Good luck getting her working as good things are worth fixing.

I've been in there a couple times after going to the Stihl NW home office. I've got a PM into sccarr about wheel profiling. I guess I better talk to him about the new slide setup. I'm also intrigued by the old thread of Art Martin's that suggested moving the chain holders closer to the wheel to get a more aggressive angle on the inside of the tooth for faster chains.

Yeah you can slide the whole assembly closer like 1/2" gap between the wheel and the holder to give more top plate angle.

Hey, I will trade you a Chicago chain grinder for it! Barely used, it still has the Harbor Freight price tag. ;) I will even pay for shipping...
Mr. srcarr is getting some of my money for one of his slider setups, so I think I'm keeping it. I've lost my voice with this damn chest cold, which makes it tough to call Madsen's to order some goodies for it(or Tree Monkey to arrange my porting work) ;) .... I'm spending my day reading everything I can on square ground chain and RS II's. All the wood I cut is clean, so I think it's going to work well for me. I also have several customers that cut a lot of clean wood that want to try it. You don't see much square ground up here in my neck of the woods and I last used it 20+ years ago.

Latest posts

Back