I swore I'd never burn wood again but.....

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brush Hog

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I'll be ordering one in the morning to put into fireplace. The way oil is going through the roof it'll be paid for in no time. Plus I get all my wood for free:) or is it people pay me to haul it away:cheers:. I will say it'll be nice to sit next to a fire and watch hockey

i wouldn't heat with anything else if i had a choice.

reminds me of the good old days.before the liberals ruined everything.

I'll be ordering one in the morning to put into fireplace. The way oil is going through the roof it'll be paid for in no time. Plus I get all my wood for free:) or is it people pay me to haul it away:cheers:. I will say it'll be nice to sit next to a fire and watch hockey

Just got my delivery bill $624 for 201 gal. ..$3.2x ( bill not itemized)
I'm not sure of actual gallonage, it was a gallon or a couple over 200.

Last time I ordered was 3 years ago.

Harry K

going to hopefully order up an insert in the next week or so...have a stove in the kitchen now and it keeps that end of the house warm but the living area/bedrooms are cold. Wife no like being cold.

also need to do some insulation work (1806= no insulation and lots of air leaks)

SS

gee i wonder.

lol...ummm...exactly how did the liberals ruin everything?

you don't get out much do you?

you watch TV? i did last night.had to flip through 68 channels to find something worth watching.it was about wolves in Alaska.

a liberal would have stopped at the bachelor or MTV.

you don't get out much do you?

you watch TV? i did last night.had to flip through 68 channels to find something worth watching.it was about wolves in Alaska.

a liberal would have stopped at the bachelor or MTV.

im wright ther with you. tv is so depressing anymore

I swore i'd never burn wood again but .....

Right there with you on the TV all those channels, end up watching the news,outdoor channel or history channel.Most nites don't watch it at all.seems like 30 years ago with only 3 channels on the rabbit ears there was more to see. Of coarse there is better sports coverage now. As for wood burning been married 33 years been burning wood 33 years kind of got into the habit.

Last edited:
It' a done deal

$2100 out the door. Will be ready for pick up in a week or two. It should pay for itself this year with oil prices the way they are and I'm relying on the arabs a little less :cheers: :clap:

Just got my delivery bill $624 for 201 gal. ..$3.2x ( bill not itemized)
I'm not sure of actual gallonage, it was a gallon or a couple over 200.

Last time I ordered was 3 years ago.

Harry K

200 gallons in three years! I'm jealous.

I do over 1000 gallons of #2 and 4 cord of hardwood a year.

The "cash price" (10% off if paid in cash within 10 days) was 2.99 last week.

Gonna be an expensive winter.:cry:

I bought a whole house furnace ten years before I
bought a house, and kept it until two years ago when
I got my trailer and plumbed duct into the floor registers
and it heats all nite ,the only heat we use the blower made
my electric bill go up ten dollars a month but I get paid to
haul my wood. I love it heats the whole house the same temp
costs peanuts to run and keeps the wifey off my tail!
It looks redneck as all get out but sets behind the trailer
the only thing high teck was the thermostat and oh yeah
I batted the whole thing with insulation which makes it look
more redneck but I stay warm lol.

Last edited:
200 gallons in three years! I'm jealous.

I do over 1000 gallons of #2 and 4 cord of hardwood a year.

The "cash price" (10% off if paid in cash within 10 days) was 2.99 last week.

Gonna be an expensive winter.:cry:

Well, I do add a minimum of 6 cords of softwood (willow)/year to that to say nothing of all the gas for the PU running out to the patch and back with from 1/2 to 3/4 cord per trip. Lots of dry runs also just going out doing cleanup.

Harry K

going to hopefully order up an insert in the next week or so...have a stove in the kitchen now and it keeps that end of the house warm but the living area/bedrooms are cold. Wife no like being cold.

also need to do some insulation work (1806= no insulation and lots of air leaks)

SS

Suppliment your wood stove with the oil filled electric radiant heaters in the bedrooms.

Yup, I hear you. I took out our wood furnace in 1990. Wood was the only heat we had back then. I put in a good propane furnace. Then last year my wife made me install a fireplace to use some of the dead oaks out back. When I filled the propane tank this summer I did the math and figured we saved between $300 and $400 out of a normal $700 to $800 propane bill. I cut and spit 10 cord this year and I figure to make the single propane fill of $304 last until next summer. I'm pretty sure we can do it. And that fire sure feels good and looks pretty today. When I put in the furnace, propane was around $.65. This summer it was $1.53. And it's not getting any cheaper either. Let us know how yours works out. Wood is good.

Latest posts

Back