I think I got a bargain

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stevensam

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Hello,

Had to share this with someone who maybe is a bit more excited then my girlfriend was.

I was browsing the local secondhand market on sunday when I discovered a mint condition hardcover book 'Chainsaw Lumbermaking' by Will Malloff. Did I mention it was in mint condition, I don't think this book had ever been read. I have never seen one in Australia before this.

Anyway, I picked it up for a mere $15Aus ~ $13us, sort of felt gulity as I knew this book was worth a bit then that. But I don't plan on reselling it so I went home rather happy with my buy.

Anybody else picked a bargain they couldn't believe.

Hello,

Had to share this with someone who maybe is a bit more excited then my girlfriend was.

I was browsing the local secondhand market on sunday when I discovered a mint condition hardcover book 'Chainsaw Lumbermaking' by Will Malloff. Did I mention it was in mint condition, I don't think this book had ever been read. I have never seen one in Australia before this.

Anyway, I picked it up for a mere $15Aus ~ $13us, sort of felt gulity as I knew this book was worth a bit then that. But I don't plan on reselling it so I went home rather happy with my buy.

Good books are worth the full price. You did very well. Buy your lottery ticket now!

Yeah, It's been out of print for some time now. I guess the book would have saved some frustration when I first started chainsaw milling, but I figured what works and doesn't eventually.

He does have some helpful tips/techniques in really getting the most from a basic set up.

I read a letter written by Will Malloff stating that he actually lost money on the first printing we probably won't see a second printing. What a shame.

That e-publishing idea might have some merit.

I would have enjoyed the book more when first starting, an e-book would have been great.

Just wondering what legal issues is there in making the book available via the net. I take it you would have to gain Mr Malloff's permission and/or Tauntons?

Hello,

great deal.

I got this for free recently

th_Imgp0377.jpg

16hp, hydro, 3 point full hydralic.27 inch tall tires, 15 inch rims, chains. Runs, did I meantion FREE??!! Gonna make dragging logs easier this spring.

Pioneer P40 66cc's, great firewood saw. $40, with $20 in paint. Enough paint for 2 saws

th_IMGP03611.jpg

this was free, had to make the cage, repower it, free steel for the cage and swingarm rear suspension. $30 in welding wire, 1/2 roll left

th_Imgp0381.jpg

Its basically how I live. If it isn't cheap or free, not interested.

Last edited:
Back